Slow/Early Pre-E

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
MomTimesThree
Forum Moderator

Re: Slow/Early Pre-E

Postby MomTimesThree » Tue Oct 05, 640517 11:05 pm

Welcome. I'm thankful to hear despite her early arrival your daughter is doing well and your blood pressures and health have rebounded well.

You wouldn't be alone in having a slow rise- lots of folks will have labile pressures (not sustained high, but spikes). We were a slow and steady eek along case.

There are so many questions about if/when trying again. Since each case is so unique, it can be helpful to meet with your MFM to discuss their thoughts and ensure they've done testing for underlying issues. From there you reduce some of the uncertainty. It was helpful for us.

Keep posted as you're able.
Lauren
2008-Our Baby Girl, PTL born too early at 30w6d, Fought so hard... Forever Loved & Missed
2010- Lil' Bro, Pre-E at 29 weeks... Induced at 36w6d, Born 37w
2012- Lil' Sis, Super-imposed pre-e at 25 weeks, PTL & GD at 35 weeks, Evicted 36w

Apoole

Slow/Early Pre-E

Postby Apoole » Sat Sep 25, 640517 10:07 pm

Hi everyone, my husband and I are considering having another baby and I was curious what the experience was like for other couples. I was diagnosed with Pre-E at 26weeks and started on blood pressure medications and light duty, at 28weeks I was placed on bedrest, my daughter was born at 32weeks due to intra-uterine growth restriction, low amniotic fluid, and poor non-stress test tracings. My blood pressure stayed between 140/80-200/120 on the highest dose of labetolol they would prescribe. My pre-E seemed to creep up and there was not a big "jump" in blood pressure like there seems to be in most cases. My lab work was never horrible. I do have hypothyroid and it was monitored during my pregnancy and now my BP is fine. I am not overweight or have any other medical conditions.

Our daughter is fine and we are very thankful for that but she did spend a month in the NICU just trying to gain weight to be able to go home, which she did right at 4lbs, 36weeks. We have always been interested in adoption and feel maybe this experience is the hint that is what we should do for our second child. I was curious what other couples experienced in pregnancies after cases like mine.

Return to “Ask the Experienced”