Enfacare and Neosure..same thing?

Are you part of the NICU club? Do you have a child who is still struggling with the effects of being born too soon from preeclampsia? Share your concerns and stories here among parents who have been there.

Enfacare and Neosure..same thing?

Postby holiday » Tue Dec 01, 2009 08:52 am

My baby has been on Similac's neosure (preemie formula) and someone who had twin preemies gave me 6 cans of Enfamil's preemie formula, enfacare. Are they the same thing? Someone told me they are the same thing. It would be great if we could use these cans as it's a savings of $90.

My baby is 8 months old (4.5 months adjusted). She eats great... breastfeeds too.
holiday

Re : Enfacare and Neosure..same thing?

Postby amanda » Tue Dec 01, 2009 09:35 am

Holiday - I would always check with your pediatrician however, in theory they are one in the same as far as I know. I know that I switched between the two before we decided that we could just go to Nutrimigen (I think I spelled that right - when we using it I know that I did when I was using it).

Hope that helps.
amanda
Forum Moderator

Postby kara » Tue Dec 01, 2009 09:38 am

Enfacare is a preemie or higher calorie formula, similar to neosure. Neosure has been around longer I believe. It will meet the same calorie requirements as the neosure. I would ask the pediatrician, make sure the formula hasn't expired. I'd also caution that if you use it, that you ease into the new stuff as it is a different brand and formulation so her tummy could react differently to it. Mix a small amout in with her bottle of neosure for a few days and then increase the enfacare and decrease the neosure for another few days until you have switched her completely over a week or so.

The stuff is expensive. I always loved freebies from the gastro for the special formula our daughter needed. Glad to hear she's a good eater!
kara
Forum Moderator

Postby kdreher » Fri Dec 11, 2009 02:42 pm

Whenever you go to the pediatrican ask for Enfacare samples...Michael was on this for a few months and I always asked. The pedi's office doesn't use it as much and they throw it out after expiration. I once left with 14 cans...yes 14. I was so excited.
kdreher

Return to Parents of Preemies