Upcomming Mothers Day

Upcomming Mothers Day

Postby hopkins » Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:28 pm

I know that mothers day for my self is hard being that I lost my daughter, and probably just as hard for others as well that have lost. I know that a lot of the support from family and friends goes away after a while and therefore was wondering if anyone was planning on maybe trying to get together with others that have been through this around mothers day, to support one another...
hopkins

Re : Upcomming Mothers Day

Postby misscoleyp » Sun Apr 04, 2010 00:03 am

Hi Sarah, I'm sorry you have joined the club of those of us that have lost our babies to PE. My husband and I decided that for each mother's day and father's day it was up to that person what they wanted to do that day. If you wanted to stay home, fine. Want to go to brunch, that's good too. It helped that there were no expectationa and we supported each other fully.

One of the things that has really helped me in dealing with my loss, is finding ways for him to live through me. The Preeclampsia Foundation is hosting Promise Walks the weekend of Mother's day. We do this to honor those who are living, those who are lost and those without their children. Check out www.promisewalk.org for more info. There is a Promise Walk in Tucson this year, hopefully you can make it.
misscoleyp

Postby hopkins » Tue Apr 06, 2010 07:12 am

Thank you...and sorry to hear of your loss as well... we do plan on doing the walk in tucson this year. Hope to see you there.
hopkins

Postby jamilyn » Wed Apr 07, 2010 06:19 pm

Mothers Day I have tried to keep it very relaxed and at home or if I'm able to go out of town to the cemetery I will. Now that I have my miracle son I have tried to do something special with him (he came home on mothers day from the NICU) It will always be a bitter sweet day for me. This will be the 1st one since I lost my 2nd little angel and to be honest I have no idea how I'm going to be. Im still so early on in the grief for him that Im in the angry and mad stage right now about it all.
I hope you are able to do something to celebrate you being a Mom and do what will help you.
Take care and hopefully we will get to meet at the Walk in Tucson.
jamilyn

Return to Arizona