Time to introduce myself:-)

So, the baby's born, what comes next? Discuss your postpartum and parenting concerns here.
suusag

Time to introduce myself:-)

Postby suusag » Tue Apr 13, 2010 02:27 am

Hello,
I have been gaining strength from these forums for months and months now and I thought I should introduce myself. I was diagnosed with PE at 33 weeks and put on bed rest. I also developed gestational diabetes at the same time. I manged to stay pregnant until 39 and a half weeks. I was then induced and after a long labor had a c-section. I had a beautiful boy Oliver on Jan. 18 2009. His sugars crashed due to the diabetes so he spent one night in the nicu. My recovery from the c-section was challenging. Our first night home I was awoken with massive heart palpitations. My husband took my bp (now an expert!) It was threw the roof. I was rushed to the hospital. They ran many tests and found nothing. I saw the doc a few days later and she found my bp to be be sky high as well. She put me on adalat. I stayed on the meds for the next 6 months. I have since been clear of diabetes and my bp is back to normal. My son is a beautiful 14 month old. I am really hoping we can try for another baby in a year or so. I am working on loosing weight and getting into shape. I figure the stronger the better before trying again. I still find that i am emotionally effected by the whole experience. I am just so thankful to have a place to read others stories and hear that some of you have been able to have a second child. Thanks for sharing and providing support for so many.

Return to “After your baby is born .....”