Issues with drinking formula?

Are you part of the NICU club? Do you have a child who is still struggling with the effects of being born too soon from preeclampsia? Share your concerns and stories here among parents who have been there.

Issues with drinking formula?

Postby marialynn242 » Thu May 20, 2010 03:39 pm

My son is now 12 months 9months adjusted and he eats enfamil enfacare with oatmeal he was eating it fine until a couple weeks ago now he will eat about 3 ounces every hours and wont take anymore its like pulling teeth to get him to eat has anyone else had these issues? Do you think it could be his formula taste? I told my peditrician but she said oh hes fine hes just not hungry but i feel that its a problem
marialynn242

Re : Issues with drinking formula?

Postby mommy2maddie » Thu May 20, 2010 08:23 pm

My daughter did the same thing at 12 months, 10 months adjusted. She just wasn't interested in the bottle or the formula for that matter. Does he still take a bottle or does he drink from a cup? My daughter basically weaned herself from the bottle. She was supposed to be on Enfamil Enfacare until 12 months adjusted but she wouldnt take a bottle and she would not drink formula out of a cup. Did you just start putting the formula in a cup? If he is still drinking out of a bottle, try putting his formula in a cup because maybe he just isnt interested in the bottle anymore.
mommy2maddie

Return to Parents of Preemies