? regarding gift for mother of preemie

Are you part of the NICU club? Do you have a child who is still struggling with the effects of being born too soon from preeclampsia? Share your concerns and stories here among parents who have been there.

? regarding gift for mother of preemie

Postby rebecca2 » Mon May 17, 2010 04:16 pm

Hi ladies,

I have a long distant friend that has a baby in NICU due to prematurity associated with PE pregnancy. This is her 2nd child and he has been in NICU for probably 12 weeks now and they are hopeful he will come home soon. (Her first child was lost due to HELLP.) I was thinking of sending her a preemie purple heart, but having lost a child myself, I know sometimes gifts/words that are given by someone who hasn't *been there* can be hurtful even if they were given with best intentions.

I was wondering what you ladies think of the preemie heart found here? http://preemiehearts.com/heart.html Do you think this is an appropriate gift? There is a teardrop on it as a tribute to preemies that are lost-which I think is beautiful since we both have lost preemies-but will this be more hurtful right now since her little one is still in NICU?

Any advice on this or other gift ideas would be appreciated. (BTW, I hope this isn't hurtful for anyone here.)
rebecca2

Re : ? regarding gift for mother of preemie

Postby marialynn242 » Thu May 20, 2010 09:45 pm

Thats very beautiful and I think its a great idea.
marialynn242

Return to Parents of Preemies