just an update on me

This forum includes topics that don't fit neatly in other areas. Also home to our Weight Loss Buddies support group.

just an update on me

Postby jgrumet » Fri Jun 11, 2010 00:57 am

I haven't had time to come on here very much because we are so busy with our adoption...but I just wanted to post since June 22nd will be my son's second birthday and my HELLP day (but I am kind of over dwelling on that)

1. hubs got a vasectomy! I think the vast majority of people tried to talk us out of it, but we both knew we didn't want anymore children coming out of me. However, I have to say that HELLP didn't really have all that much to do with it. I only wanted one bio child to start with. I don't htink it is for everyone, but some people just know when it is right. It was right for us.

2. I am still a hypochondriac and I'm still healthy. I did get my thyroid levels checked and my tsh was high....I thought "hah, hashis- I do have something" but with more testing and a lack of symptoms we had to chalk that up to a lab error or the fact that I had ODed on D3 capsules (apparently it is possible). And I thought it would be so simple.

3. We are expecting our child to be home from Ethiopia by the end of the summer or early fall! We are soooo excited. Finally our son will have someone to play with....he had a febrile seizure (hopefully his first and last) and I am scared to let him play with kids his age (germy and did I mention I'm a hypochondriac?)

So, that is us in a nutshell. Still here.
jgrumet

Re : just an update on me

Postby sonja » Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:08 am

I am glad that things are going so well for you. I hope that your new son is here very soon!

Take care.
sonja
Forum Moderator

Postby sarab » Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:45 am

Hey Jamie,

Thanks for checking in! I'm glad to read that things are going well for you. Let us know how things go with the adoption!
sarab
Site Admin

Postby angieb » Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:27 am

Good luck with the adoption! I hope it goes smoothly!
angieb

Postby lucy » Sun Jun 13, 2010 03:31 am

Hope your child is with you guys asap and things go smoothly, congrats and keep us updated!
lucy

Return to Misc