Pregnancy "safe" BP Meds?

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
missgamecock

Re : Pregnancy "safe" BP Meds?

Postby missgamecock » Mon Jun 14, 2010 09:57 pm

I started off on and did Ziac with Cate. I had to add in procardia for bp and preterm labor at the end.

brianned5

Postby brianned5 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 08:30 pm

I took labetolol with my second pregnancy. I was maxed out on the dosage at 2400mg, but it worked until delivery. It stopped working for me. I'll check on aldomet. Thanks!

rachelc

Postby rachelc » Mon Jun 14, 2010 06:52 pm

I know that a lot of the women on this board have taken aldomet or labetalol. Both have a very long track record and very safe as far as bp meds go. I took labetalol with my pregnancies.

brianned5

Pregnancy "safe" BP Meds?

Postby brianned5 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 06:11 pm

I have had very high blood pressure since I developed preeclampsia with my first baby. I was on lisinopril when I conceived my second baby, but was very aware of my body and got off of it immediately, thank goodness. After she was delivered my BP got even more out of control. For months my doctor and I tried to control it with pregnancy/nursing safe medications, (labetolol, procardia). May 14th I went back to the dr. with BP of 190/115. He put me on lisinopril, which seems to be helping quite a bit. It's still high 140/100, but much lower than before. I am freaking out quite a bit about getting pregnant while on it, and I'm not very confident in my current forms of BC, but either can't or won't use anything else. Does anyone know what other forms of BP meds can be used during pregnancy? I have another appointment Friday and want to ask for different medications but have no idea what else is out there.

Return to “Ask the Experienced”