Post Reply FAQ Members Login

ADVICE PLEASE!!!!!

So, the baby's born, what comes next? Discuss your postpartum and parenting concerns here.

ADVICE PLEASE!!!!!

Postby carjashaner » Wed Jun 23, 2010 09:06 pm

My brother Scott and his wife Kim delivered a beautiful new addition to the family on Friday June 18th. Lilah Willow was 8lbs, 2 ozs and 19 1/2 inches long. Kim is 35, this is her first baby. No problems during pregnancy (just like me). She went to the doctor Monday and her BP was 158/89 and her feet are starting to swell.

I almost died from my bout with PP PE, and am not sure how to keep her from freaking out, but I think she needs to go back to the doctor immediately. This brings back horrible memories for me, and I knwo that it may be other things, but I can't think of how to reiterate my story to her and make her go in.

Anybody got any suggestions??
carjashaner

Re : ADVICE PLEASE!!!!!

Postby mommy2maddie » Wed Jun 23, 2010 09:43 pm

Just explain to her that you are worried about PP PE, and that this is a serious disease, that maybe she might want to get checked out again. If she declines, then tell her the signs to watch out for, and tell her if she experiences them to go to the ER ASAP. I would leave out all the scary details, educate her dont scare her.
mommy2maddie

Postby sarab » Thu Jun 24, 2010 00:28 am

You can let her know the seriousness without it getting too heavy, as Alissa suggested. Remind her gently of your story, and that it's better to be safe than sorry. It could easily turn out to be nothing, but it wouldn't hurt to get checked out. What did her doctor say about it at the visit?

ETA: Also, you may want to consider editing out little Lilah's last name, as your brother and his wife may not want it on a public board - just a thought. Where did they get the beautiful name Lylah? My daughter's middle name is Lylas, after DH's grandmother. :)
sarab
Site Admin

Postby carjashaner » Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:05 pm

Lilah is a combination of grandmothers names. One named Leila and one named Nyna. She goes back to the doctor in the AM. We will see how things go then. Thanks!
carjashaner

Return to After your baby is born .....