Planning the Funeral

A place for those bereaved to receive and offer support

Re : Planning the Funeral

Postby l412angel » Tue Aug 10, 2010 06:31 pm

Never an easy time :( On who to invite...I kept it family only, because it is very hard for people to see an infant not alive...its just sad :(. For Cara it was open casket, but she looked very red :( We did however have her pictures in the back on a table for people who wanted to see.

I do not think that you need to be religious for a funeral. You could read a poem, or letter? You can always make it short and sweet. You could hand everyone a blue balloon to set free outside the funeral home or at his grave?

As for headstones, I am sure that they can keep spaces blank for you and your husband?

Planning the Funeral

Postby riehlism » Tue Aug 10, 2010 05:39 pm

This post might be slightly disorganized just because I am really unsure about what to do. We lost our son in June and we opted to wait to bury him. We decided to bury him on his expected due date, 9/17.

I am having a hard time trying to figure out how to plan the funeral. My husband and I are not religious so we don't know how that will work. We are also unsure about who to invite to the funeral. We would like to be buried with our son when the time comes, so we are also unsure about which headstone to buy. I would like to have his picture on the funeral program, but he was so cyanotic in the picture. I don't know if that will be too hard for guests.

Can any of you share your thoughts, experiences about a baby funeral?

Return to “Grief and Loss”