Treatment for post severe PE

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!

Treatment for post severe PE

Postby mariajose » Fri Nov 21, 2003 12:44 am

Hi there![:)]

I was wondering if anyone is sitll concerned about her health condition after PE. I am still taking Atenolol (Tenormin) in order to keep my BP ok. Same medication I took while keeping bedrest.

My cardiologist told me to keep taking it until next month. I also have to follow a somehow rigorous diet, intended to keep my cholesterol levels normal (no carbs, no red meats, no nothing, basically)[xx(]

I am still wondering, is this ever going to go away. Will I be normal again (with low BP)? Has anyone had this kind of treatment post severe PE?

Waiting to hear from you...

Maria Jose (from Quito-Ecuador): 31
Guilluame:37
Julian: born 31 and a half w. 08/28/03 after Severe PE
mariajose

Re : Treatment for post severe PE

Postby angelical » Fri Nov 21, 2003 02:35 pm

It has been almost 19 months since I had to deliver Aaron. I am stil on bp meds and a diretic, and I figure I always will be. My feet still swell occassionally.... none of this did I have pre-pregnancy.

Sharel

------------------------
Sharel & Kevin
Aaron - 28 weeker
Born 5/2/02 due to preeclampsia & HELLP

Our miracle boy is doing great!!
angelical

Postby akemt » Fri Nov 21, 2003 02:43 pm

maria,

I would suggest posting this in the "ask the experienced" section.

I personally was on blood pressure medication for only a few weeks, and other than fighting the weight gain and muscle loss from all the bedrest I had, have had no lasting effects to my health thus far. Thankfully!

It can take quite a while for your blood pressure to return to its previous lows. For some women, pregnancy simply brings out underlying high blood pressure and higher blood pressure becomes their new norm. It sounds weird, I know...like your bp was just waiting for something to happen so it could go up! [;)]

I hope your body will return back to normal quickly!

Catherine (22)
DH Britton (27)
Emma Margaret (03/02/03) 37 weeks from PIH & oligo
akemt

Postby mlcinop » Thu Nov 27, 2003 09:21 pm

I have been on bp meds for over seven years now (since the age of 24), ever since my first PE/HELLP pregnancy. The doctor's said I probably would have had hypertension later in life, but because of having PE/HELLP so early in my pregnancy, it just "triggered" it.[:I]

Leslie
due 4/10/04-A boy!
Claudia-30 wks PE/HELLP 4/24/00,Our angel on Earth...
Abigail-23 wks PE/HELLP 4/13/96,Our angel in Heaven...
mlcinop

Return to Ask the Experienced