Quad screen and elevated hcg

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.

Re : Quad screen and elevated hcg

Postby catherine » Sun Jan 18, 2004 01:46 pm

I'm glad things are going so well Tanya. The 3 hour bites, so many needlesticks. I've always failed the 1 hour, had to do the 3 hour and then gotten away scot free. Wishing you the same [:D].

Catherine (37)
DH, Dave (40)
Finn (6)
Lucy (2)Preeclampsia & HELLP
Chloe (7/2/03)
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/f/finngoosensprout
catherine
Forum Moderator

Postby catherine » Sun Jan 18, 2004 01:49 pm

I'm glad things are going so well Tanya. The 3 hour bites, so many needlesticks. I've always failed the 1 hour, had to do the 3 hour and then gotten away scot free. Wishing you the same [:D].

Catherine (37)
DH, Dave (40)
Finn (6)
Lucy (2)Preeclampsia & HELLP
Chloe (7/2/03)
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/f/finngoosensprout
catherine
Forum Moderator

Postby taras mom » Sun Jan 18, 2004 04:23 pm

29 weeks--wahooooo! Good luck with your 3-hr.

Carol (38)
DH Bill (40)
Tara Mairichi
12/7-12/9, 2002
The Mightiest Little Angel
taras mom

Postby tanrad » Wed Jan 21, 2004 01:57 pm

[:(]On to the next adventure: Gestational Diabetes! Flunked the 3hr, went to dr's yesterday. Had 3 abnormal readings out of the 4 blood draws. So, I have a 3hr appt on Monday with the diabetes team at perinatal. My dr told me to cut out sugar this week and watch what i eat and the dietician will make up a personal diet plan for me. I had the sinking feeling that this would happen, since this preg had been SO different from my other 2. The dr mentioned that he is almost certain this will resolve after pregnancy, that's its related to my placenta secreting too many hormones, and since i had the abnormal HCG and abnormal uterine dopplers this all ties in together. My BP was alittle high for me too at drs(148/102)- that was before i learned of the lab results. So, now i have weekly visits to dr's amongst the other stuff coming. I'm trying to smile[:)]- could use a visit to a nice warm beach about now!

Tanya(35)
Jake(37)
Shaun (14 y/o- 34wks w/ severe PE)
Garrett (7 y/o- 38 wks- starting PE)

tanrad

Postby julie f » Wed Jan 21, 2004 02:07 pm

Oh Tanya... I'm sorry about the GD test results and the high bp reading.

Hang in there! And, you come visit anytime you want to head to the beach[8D]!

Julie (26)
Zachary James, 7/22/03-7/27/03, born at 26wks - severe pe
julie f

Postby tanrad » Sun Feb 08, 2004 12:02 am

Update: I haven't been able to get on the computer too much, moved it up to my son's room and it's too much of an effort to waddle up the stairs to get to it[:)]
It's so interesting to read everyone's stories on these boards. I am so grateful to live in a wonderful area with doctors who are supportive and take everything seriously. Anyway, week 32 begins today and it's time to begin twice weekly non-stress tests, and fluid checks. All is well so far. The Gest. Diabetes is going well, the diet actually isn't bad, i've been lucky. I can eat Subway or go out to eat and my sugars have been normal since the 3rd day of being on the diet. My peri appt showed baby weighs 3lb,12oz and my dopplers actually improved! My 24 hour urine protein went from 150 to 190, but they won't be concerned unless it hits 300. So, they told me to carry on as usual, my work schedule is very limited now, probably to end by the end of this month. Take care everyone!

Tanya(35)
Jake(37)
Shaun (14 y/o- 34wks w/ severe PE)
Garrett (7 y/o- 38 wks- starting PE)

tanrad

Previous

Return to Pregnant Again?