by tooleyg (7 Posts), Thu Dec 28, 2006 01:06 am
Sorry for the delay in posting, its been pretty busy here. Now for the update...
We were working on controling the BP with plenty of bed rest, diet, and lots of check ups. Our last check up and lab draw was Dec 21st. We got the results late that night and advised to either check in to the L&D that night or return to the office, where we would most likely be sent to the L&D. We decided to check in that night, at 11:00 pm. My wife was takne back to tirage, a BP taken and was told that she wasn't going to leave pregnant. :) We were 36 weeks and 1 day. My wife was quickly hooked up to MAG and we were transfered to the L&D room. The tried to induce 3 times with protioglandin gels, and the 6 times with Cytotek(sp?). My wife's cervix never got larger than 1 cm dialated. The morning of Dec 23rd the doctor gave us the option of trying piticon, or heading for a C-section. If the piticon didn't start good labor by the afternoon he would have to do a c-section anyway. We opted to skip the piticon and head to the c-section.
Our baby girl, Tabbytha Emily was born on Dec 23rd at 1442. She weighed 6lb 3oz, and 19 1/4 inches long. We were released from the hospital yesterday (Dec 26th) afternoon. Both mom and baby are doing great. Tabbytha didn't have any issues after delviery and was able to spend almost every moment with us in the postpardum room. Mom's BP is still higher than desired so she is on medicine for that and pain meds for the c-section. Even with the meds, breast feeding is going well.
I'm a bit worn out, having to take care of both my wife and daughter, but family and frineds are helping out. :)
A HUGE THANK YOU to everyone who shared the experiences and advice, as well as kept us in thier prayers. A c-section is pretty different compared to our desired home birth, but a healthy baby and a healthy mom is all that really matters in the end.