If I'm still up and running I'm more than willing to come walk! Just won't have the energy to organize the event this year. Sorry[:(]
Okay! Now that I have everyone's attention---this is concerning the 2006 Walk-A-Thon. Last year's WAT was a success only because it actually happened! There were days that I just knew I would have to cancel; I was in over my head. Not this year! This year I am going to make this a group effort and this year we are going to knock the socks off the state of Arkansas!
So, who's going to help!??? I don't want to start calling any names, so come on down here and let me know what you can do, even if it seems minor--every little bit counts! Okay, so I did end up calling a few names[^]
I've still not decided Texarkana or Hope, but will tell you now that the best choice will be Texarkana. It is a much larger city with two major hospitals, OB/GYNs-private and clinic-(none of those in Hope) and baby stores--the works!
What can you do to help? UPDATED 10/25
- contact potential sponsors and contact me about interested sponsors(i.e. your company/workplace)
- recruit walkers (c'mon talk to your friends, family members, co-workers--pledge to recruit at least five people and encourage those five people to each recruit five more people) Our goal is to make money, raise awareness, and have fun!! A large crowd means lots of smiling faces!!![:D]
- contact local newspapers and inform them of the WAT--We should have a press release that I can email to you after the new year
- obtaining donated/low cost "prizes" (last year we gave away dinners from local resturants and pizzas--but I think it would be nice if we could have something(s) on hand to give away--like a Corvette [;)], but seriously...
- Ideas for guest speaker?? To have or not to have, that is the question.
- FAIR WARNING
I would really like all registered PF members attending the WAT to have an active part in the walk-a-thon or in the give-aways after the walk (I want to be sure the members are recognized and visible!)
1. Deidre - NW Arkansas
1. Deidre--let me know if you're not up to this!
2. Catherine--would you be willing to help with this one?
1. Deidre - NW Arkansas
Let's make the 2006 PF Walk-A-Thon a grand slam in Arkansas.
BTW, for those interested, "Wooooooo, Pig! Sooie!!" is the Hog Call for the Arkansas Razorbacks![:p]