I am relatively new and need suggestions

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
akemt

Re : I am relatively new and need suggestions

Postby akemt » Sat Dec 13, 2003 04:21 pm

Alison,

My fingers are crossed for you too! And it does seem like we have a sudden baby boom, doesn't it? lol My only suggestion is that you go see your doctor about being tested for any underlying causes...things like autoimmune disorders or clotting disorders. The more you know about what might be causing it, the better your chance of fighting it, in my opinion. Look at me...I'm advising you do something I haven't done! lol Actually, I tried but didn't follow up on it. ANYWAY, I have promised myself that if I get PIH/PE again, I will be tested.

Hope you get the news you're looking for soon!!! And DEFINATELY let us know! Best of luck (and prayers)!

Catherine (22)
DH Britton (27)
Emma Margaret (03/02/03) 37 weeks from PIH & oligo

alimarie

I am relatively new and need suggestions

Postby alimarie » Sat Dec 13, 2003 02:06 pm

Hey Ladies,

I have been reading posts for a long time now and have been wanting to participate. My husband and I have recently stopped bcontrol measures and are taking a lets see what happens attitude. My question is about any precautions you all have taken during the trying phase. has anyone started taking extra calcium or vitamins during this stage? I am curious as to what drs. recommend. i obviously know there is no prevention for pre e. wouldn't we all love it if there were!! My first pregnancy ended at 35 wks due to very severe pre-e. of course we are scared at the possibility of it reoccuring but hopeful that it will not.
last but not least..i have been reading about all those learning they are pregnant recently...send some prayers are way would you??? you guys obviously have some input for the girls in the forum! looking forward to getting to know you all and hearing more about you guys. also looking forward to giving good news of my own...(fingers crossed!)

alison

AliMarie---mommy to Madalyn Anne-born at 35 wks due to severe pe (9/18/2001 4lbs. 14oz.)

Return to “Pregnant Again?”