Roll Call

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.

Re : Roll Call

Postby akemt » Thu Dec 11, 2003 11:16 am

Ian's mom...what is your edd? Maybe I missed it.

Catherine (22)
DH Britton (27)
Emma Margaret (03/02/03) 37 weeks from PIH & oligo
akemt

Postby tahoe4 » Thu Dec 11, 2003 11:18 am

My first pregnancy was completely uneventful except for severe swelling until the day I delivered. I had SEVERE headaches for about 5 days preceeding Christmas 2002. On Christmas day my headache was so severe I couldn't get out of bed. My sister (a nurse) took my BP and it was very high. I was told to go straight to L&D. They did a urinalysis and labs immediately upon my arrival and found protein in my urine, hyper-reflexes and my platelets were low. So they delivered my DD 6 weeks early on Christmas day last year. She was only in the NICU for about 2 weeks and was pretty healthy. I, on the other hand, continued to swell after delivery and my bp continued to rise. I was on mag right after delivery and lasix. I ended up having a seizure about 24 hours after I delivered due to my high bp. I have no memory of right after delivery until the weekend (so for 5 days). Months after delivering I found out I had Factor V Leiden which is a contributing factor to pre-e.

Now pregnant with #2 (due 6/18/03)and seeing a peri along with my OB. So far, we're very unimpressed with the peri. Next week I start daily Lovenox injections. Kind of scared about those, but so far all is going well.
tahoe4

Postby iansmom » Thu Dec 11, 2003 12:05 am

Oops! I guess i should update my profile. My due date is July 15, 2004.

Ian 12/26/01 - 26 weeks
iansmom

Postby season » Fri Dec 12, 2003 10:11 pm

I am early in my 2nd pregnancy (10 weeks.) In my foirst pregnancy my bp fiorst went high at 27 weeks, it fluctuated a lot after that. Stress and activity were not helpful at that point. At 32 weeks I showed protien in my urine, although my labs looked good, and was put on bed rest. I spent 2 weeks on bed rest (doing the NSt's etc.) At 34 weeks, things showed sign of worsening so they decided to induce (so my Valentine's baby came just after New Year's. My bp was still high when they released me, but it soon stabilized on it's own. I had no idea I was so swolen until the morning after I came home, it all went away and my fingers looked so skinny.

Ds had a hard start with repiratory distress and a trnasfer to a differnet hospital (those two days were hard for me.) He bounced back well though and came home at 2 weeks old. He was small but he's come so far.

So now I'm doing this again. I'm scared, but so far things look good.

SueAnn
dh Kwame
ds Ezekiel 1/2/02 (34wks due to pre-e)
#2 EDD 7/6/04
season
Forum Moderator

Postby akemt » Sat Dec 13, 2003 12:30 am

Well CONGRATULATIONS EVERYONE! Please keep us well updated and here's to a healthy, happy, LONG pregnancy!!!

Catherine (22)
DH Britton (27)
akemt

Postby lauras » Tue Dec 16, 2003 04:56 am

Hope its not too late to add on...

I just found out yesterday that #2 is on the way. First pregnancy ended at 30 wks due to severe pre-e. My blood pressure went up at 28 wks with protein and swelling. 10 days later I was hospitalized and then transferred to a hospital with a NICU. My blood pressure kept hitting 180/110 even laying on my left side in the hospital. In those 10 days my 24 hr urine had gone from 315 to 10,000! Needless to say, the dr. didn't wait long after the last 24 hr urine. My DD was born 11/25/01 and is perfect. I'm still amazed.

We've been thinking about #2 for awhile and had decided to try if a pre-pregnancy consult with a perinatologist went well. Looks like that consult is going to be turned into a first prenatal. I'll hopefully know more after I go to that appt.

All the best to everyone!

Laura 31
DH 31
Isabella 11/25/01 - 30 wks -severe pe
lauras

Postby akemt » Wed Dec 17, 2003 11:45 am

Congratulations Laura! Let us know how your consult goes!

Catherine (22)
DH Britton (27)
akemt

Postby alimarie » Wed Dec 17, 2003 01:31 pm

ok all you pregnang ladies....i am counting on all this baby craze coming my way soon!! I love hearing about everyone's gifts and can't wait to share my own

alison

AliMarie---mommy to Madalyn Anne-born at 35 wks due to severe pe (9/18/2001 4lbs. 14oz.)
alimarie

Postby natan » Wed Dec 17, 2003 02:59 pm

Hi everybody here's to Happy holidays and A New Year!!

I am hoping for inspiration!!

I am not pregnant yet but have been working on #2 sense June 03. I am 35 and had a hard time with my first pregnancy. My son who is home today with a bad cold was born 31 weeks, weight was 2 lbs 5oz and 14 inches. He was in the hospital for 9 weeks and I was in hospital for 4 days. I seriously want a second child but part of me keeps asking why do I want to go through this again? Mainly, so my son can have a sibiling.

Natan had two surgeries(in the groin area) and ROP(lazer surgury) in both eyes. Was not able to breast feed him because he was too small and weak. (Surgeries happened during the 9/11 attack in NY. I was so stressed/worried could not think. (Which was probably why I couldn't breast feed).

With my first pregnancy, I was due sometime in September 01. I had gesational diabetes within the second month. In June/July of 01, I was taking to the hospital twice for low blood sugar and high blood pressure.

In July, my husband took me to Hawaii thinking it would be a good place to relax and take it easy. I went to doctors two days before to make sure everything was ok. They said I was fine and I could go. All I did was swim, stroll around the beach, drove around and looked at the scenery. (My husband went on a helicopter tour[}:)].)

Week after I came back my blood sugar dropped so low that husband had to call 911 to get them to revive me. It was sometime during the night. My husband said I was breathing funny and making strange noises. All I remember was wearing nothing but a long t-shirt which I slept in and underwear. (I think) Three paramedics were standing in our room asking me questions like, Deborah where do you live, and what is happening to you? I was shocked, I thought I was dreaming and not the good way, LOL..[;)]. I woke up and they took me down the stairs(on top of some kind of bag) w/o blanket or anything. They put me in the ambulance and we drove to the emergancy room. I was freezing!! All I asked for was a blanket, they kept ignoring me and talked to my husband.

I was sent home three days later and put on bedrest until the following Monday. I went to peri doctor and he told my husband to take me back to the hospital, don't even go get her clothes.

I felt fine! I couldn't believe it!! People were whispering behind my back telling my husband what was happening. My blood pressure went skyrocket and they were afraid I was going to have a seizure.

My mother-inlaw was there during this whole time. (She was very helpful btw). It was about 10:30 p.m and I told my husband+mother-inlaw to go home and get some rest. The doctors were still doing tests and was letting me relax for awhile at( I had no idea what was happening I was confused but felt fine).

In the middle of the night my doctor told me to call my husband to have him come back. At 1:30 a.m they gave me a c-section, my son was born July 27th, 2001. His room was not done yet. We were not expecting him so soon.

I was still in a daze and my mouth was so dry.

This was a long story but it just shows that you can't always go by how you feel you have to constantly check your blood numbers and sure everything is ok.

I wish I knew about this foundation earlier. I don't know how some of you managed to have 3-4. I am too scared just having two. I have decided to have tubes tide after I have second.

Good luck and take care of yourself during the holidays,
Deborah
natan

Postby akemt » Wed Dec 17, 2003 04:16 pm

Deborah,
I'm sure it was a difficult experience. I hope things work out for you soon! A book I've heard suggested is "Taking charge of your fertility." Have you checked into that? I haven't read it so I probably shouldn't suggest it, but oh well!

Catherine (22)
DH Britton (27)
akemt

PreviousNext

Return to Pregnant Again?