Post Reply FAQ Members Login

When to check BP

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!

When to check BP

Postby newmommymar04 » Fri Nov 07, 2003 08:02 am

by newmommymar04 (33 Posts), Fri Nov 07, 2003 08:02 am

Do you get your most accurate reading after bouts of activity or should I follow the instructions and sit still for 5 minutes before taking a reading?

Ive been taking my blood pressure now for about 18 hours ever 2 hours and the highest it has gotten is 132/64. I even got a reading of 117/66 after laying on my left side for 30 minutes watching a show on tv.

So... is it normal for my bp to fluctuate up to for instance 132/64 down to 117/66 when im quiet?

Also... my diastolic pressure hasnt been past 70 since I left the doctors office on Wednesday yet he got my diastolic at 90.. what gives??
newmommymar04

Re : When to check BP

Postby akemt » Fri Nov 07, 2003 02:39 pm

by akemt (4961 Posts), Fri Nov 07, 2003 02:39 pm

Newmommy,

My bp fluctuated quite a bit after I was first diagnosed with PE, and yah doing certain things will raise your bp, just like laying down can lower it. My blood pressure did all kinds of crazy things and only a few times was it at the REAL highs at my doctors visits (mostly because they always made my lay down, even in the lobby [;)]). When to take your bp is a question you should ask your doctor. For me, I was to take them at about the same times every day and whenever I felt like it was high. And if it was high, I was to continue taking my bp every so often untill it went back down.

Catherine (22)
DH Britton (27)
Emma Margaret (03/02/03) 37 weeks from PIH & oligo
akemt

Return to Ask the Experienced