Post Reply FAQ Members Login

Santa Barbara walk is TOMORROW

Santa Barbara walk is TOMORROW

Postby julie f » Fri May 19, 2006 12:14 am

by julie f (7993 Posts), Fri May 19, 2006 12:14 am

Hey everyone!! Our Southern CA Walk A Thon is tomorrow, May 20th! The following email has been sent to all that have registered - if you're registered and I missed you, please email me at California@preeclampsia.org . And if you'd like to walk but have forgotten to register - no worries, shoot me an email or just show up tomorrow morning, we would LOVE to have you walk with us!

2006 Preeclampsia Foundation Walk-A-Thon Walkers!

I am so looking forward to seeing all of you tomorrow, it is going to be a wonderful day! I just wanted to touch base with you to pass on some information and give you my contact number - please don't hesitate to call me if I can be of any help.

Registration for the walk begins at 9am Saturday morning. We'll be meeting in the plaza area of Chase Palm Park, 323 E. Cabrillo Blvd. The park plaza is on the corner of Garden and Cabrillo - you can find parking either directly across from the park on Garden, or you can park along the beach on Cabrillo - both are city lots. The walk will kick off at 10am - we'll be walking through the park, along the beach, along the bird refuge and then back. Chase Palm Park http://santabarbaratournow.com/santa_barbara_java/chase_palm_park_1.php is beautiful, plenty of things to keep you entertained either before or after the walk.

Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf will be providing coffee during the registration period, there will also be an Officer from the Santa Barbara Police Department there to hand out ID/fingerprint kits for all of the children. We've also had a generous donation by local florist, Passion Flowers www.passionflowers.biz , of Gerbera Daisies for all walkers. Be sure to swing back by the Registration area after you've finished "taking steps to raise awareness," to pick up your flowers.

I wanted to mention also that Family Service Agency of Santa Barbara is also hosting a Children's Festival on the day of our walk. For those interested in checking it out after the walk, here is the information: http://www.sbparent.com/Events_Calendar/Special_Events.html The admission and activities are free. And for those of you driving South after the walk, The Strawberry Festival is going on in Oxnard this weekend: http://www.strawberry-fest.org/

The weather for Santa Barbara on Saturday is forecasted to be beautiful, partial clouds with a high of 65 - perfect walking weather. It has been a little foggy in the mornings, bring a sweater/jacket just in case.

If you know of anyone still interested in the walk but hasn't had a chance to sign-up yet, no worries - they can register on-site Saturday morning.

Thank you again for your support, I look forward to seeing you Saturday! Please don't hesitate to contact me with any questions!

Julie
Southern California Group Coordinator
Preeclampsia Foundation, www.preeclampsia.org
California@preeclampsia.org

julie f

Re : Santa Barbara walk is TOMORROW

Postby mada » Fri May 19, 2006 12:35 am

by mada (4081 Posts), Fri May 19, 2006 12:35 am

Goodluck with the walk girls!!!!
mada

Postby julie f » Fri May 19, 2006 12:37 am

by julie f (7993 Posts), Fri May 19, 2006 12:37 am

Thanks Mada - I wish that you could be joining us!!
julie f

Postby miracle3 » Fri May 19, 2006 02:18 pm

by miracle3 (783 Posts), Fri May 19, 2006 02:18 pm

Good luck!!! I'm not in California but I did a walk in Ohio and I know you need all the support you can get!!! So good luck from OHIO.
miracle3

Postby keneke68 » Fri May 19, 2006 05:28 pm

by keneke68 (530 Posts), Fri May 19, 2006 05:28 pm

I wish I could come.[:(] I am in California but it would take me 6 hours to get there.[:(] I am wishing you ladies lots of luck. And have so much fun!!!![:)][:)]
keneke68

Postby julie f » Fri May 19, 2006 05:44 pm

by julie f (7993 Posts), Fri May 19, 2006 05:44 pm

Danielle and Denise,

Thank you! I will be sure to post here this weekend with an update!

Denise - I sent you an email about an upcoming Northern CA event this morning, Saving Grace. Let me know if you didn't get it.
julie f

Postby arj » Fri May 19, 2006 06:31 pm

by arj (1251 Posts), Fri May 19, 2006 06:31 pm

Have a wonderful walk tomorrow, ladies! I'll be 35 weeks on Sunday, so I don't think I'm up for a long car ride to SB and then a walk... [;)] I'll be with you in spirit though!
arj

Return to California