Post Reply FAQ Members Login

New to Colorado

New to Colorado

Postby tbear » Sat Mar 19, 2005 10:14 pm

Hi everyone, I just recently found this site...have no idea if I'm posting in the right places but figure I'd start a post to introduce myself and you all can tell me where to go. Nicely, of course. [:)]

Briefly...

I had two uneventfully boring pregnancies resulting in my daughter (8) and son (5). I was flying through my third pregnancy with my second daughter, until the 24th week. Long story short, I had severe, sudden HELLP with my platelets dropping below 60,000, and blood pressure being controlled (barely) at 210/120. I was ambulanced to a level 2 hospital where they induced me. Sadly, my tiny baby girl Angelica Rose, didn't survive the labor. She was stillborn in the early morning of July 15th. It's been almost 3 years, and I'm learning how to deal with the grief, but I, my husband, and my kids miss her every day. Our Baby Rose. 10 months ago I gave birth to our third daughter, Dakota Rose. No signs of HELLP or pre-e at all. It is bittersweet to celebrate each day with her while acknowleging all the things I will never get to do with her sister.

So, that's me in a nutshell. We just moved from Vegas to Boulder County and we're so happy to be here. I miss my supportive friends back in Vegas, though! Thanks for letting me share my story, I look forward to hearing all of yours.

Tiff
tbear

Re : New to Colorado

Postby mada » Sun Mar 20, 2005 06:34 am

Hey Tiff!!!
Welcome to colorado!!! We have a few members who live near and around Boulder County. I am in Evergreen. I am so sorryn to hear about your baby girl Angelica. I cannot imagine the grief that comes when a baby is lost. I am so happy that you were able to have a healthy pregnancy afterwards!!! Congrats on Dakota!!! We will keep you updated on any events or get togethers we have here in Co. I look forward to meeting you!! I have a 4 and a half year old son and 3 year old son and I am sure they would love to play with you kids. Take good care and we will keep in touch!!! Mada

Mada Harpster-moderator
Colorado co-coordinator
Sam 6-29-00 36weeks P.E.
Ben 11-03-01 No P.E.
mada

Return to Colorado