Snoring ... A sign of what is to come??

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!

Re : Snoring ... A sign of what is to come??

Postby mada » Wed Dec 17, 2003 07:35 am

Well, I have heard the same thing however, have you been congested at all? Whenever I have anything going on with my sinuses or a cold I tend to snore and normally I don't. So, I guess I am not all that sure. I think though if you are not normally a snorer it will probably go away...Oh, I just read you seemed extra congested so maybe that's what it is....How are oyu this morning. I slept with a cool mist humidifier while pregnant and that helped with the stuffiness..That's not uncommon in pregnant women. How is everything else? Any headahes or anything? Hope all is fine and let us know how you are doing[:)]

Mada Harpster

Sam 6-29-00 36weeks P.E.
Ben 11-03-01 No P.E.

Re : Snoring ... A sign of what is to come??

Postby newmommie » Wed Dec 17, 2003 07:33 am

I'm not experienced in this at all, but a lot of my friends snored during their pregnancies and were completely fine and delivered healthy full-term babies. I haven't researched the snoring thing like you have but congestion is a normal part of pregnancy. I would ask your doc and have him make sure everything else is ok.

EDD: 4/3/04 to Evan James

Snoring ... A sign of what is to come??

Postby newmommymar04 » Wed Dec 17, 2003 07:14 am

Hello Everyone!!

I am now 29 weeks ( woo hoo )!!

Unfortunately for the past week or so I have developed snoring. Last night I seemed extra congested and my husband said my snoring was so bad he had to sleep in the other room [:(]

I started reading today about why I have developed snoring all the sudden during this pregnancy and 99% of the links came up with fact sheets about how snoring was a sign of the onset of PE/PIH.

Has anyone else heard or read about this?

Could my snoring I just developed be another sign of my impending Preeclampsia yet to develop?

Many of the webstites I read were actual clinical studies that showed a high number of women who started snoring in pregnancy also developed PIH/PE.

Anyone know the facts on this?

Have any of you developed snoring during pregnancy?
Is this not at all related to PE?

And the #1 question...

I could not stand if my husband sleeps in another room after the baby is born.

Return to “Ask the Experienced”