An Update to my post yesterday...

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!

An Update to my post yesterday...

Postby cutieajmom » Tue Oct 28, 2003 06:46 am

I called my Dr. office today and talked to the nurse that found the protein in my urine...I asked her to please tell me how much she found. She said she couldn't remember offhand but that she thought it was +1. I said "Could you please make sure for me?" and so she went and looked at my chart. She came back on the phone and said "Sandy, actually it was +2!!" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Am I right in wondering why he didn't run ANY tests when my protein jumped from trace to +2 in FIVE days!!! I called the clinic at UVA and they have me scheduled for an appt tomorrow at 2:00. I had hoped they would want to see me sooner, but I am just going to have to wait now. Hopefully nothing awful will happen between today and tomorrow. I am having my records faxed to both the new Dr. and to me. Hopefully that way I can keep track of my own case somewhat...and feel relatively informed. Thanks for all the support...I don't know what I would do without the support and information that I can always find on this site!!!

Sandy
cutieajmom

Re : An Update to my post yesterday...

Postby erin2003 » Tue Oct 28, 2003 06:58 am

OMGoodness Sandy! How scarey!

I am so glad you got an appointment! Now you need to go and laydown til tomorrow!

I will look for an update and will keep you and bay in our thoughts and prayers!

Erin

Me 27 DH 28
^|^ Jackson Andrew Jan 21-25, 2003
Born at 27w5d due to Pre-E, HELLP
OMGoodness! It's a Girl! EDD Jan 6/04
C-section scheduled Dec 31/03
www.babiesonline.com/babies/p/polkie
erin2003

Postby akemt » Tue Oct 28, 2003 09:59 am

Sandy,

I'm glad you got an apt. And yes, they should have done more testing. It makes me mad to hear your story...argh. Let me at em! lol I would have been so shocked/hurt/scared at that apt. that I couldn't respond the way I wanted to later. There is nothing wrong with calling them back or writing up a formal complaint. If you do want to: just stick to the facts and try not to make it an emotional outlash and it will go farther. But definately include the emotional trauma you felt in the letter. I would write things down now, but then leave them and focus on your care and health and baby. You can always come back to that when you have a healthy baby in your arms. Definately request the testing though. And good luck! PLEASE let us know what happens...

Catherine (22)
DH Britton (27)
Emma Margaret (03/02/03) 37 weeks from PIH & oligo
akemt

Postby akemt » Tue Oct 28, 2003 10:04 am

Sandy, check out the post by cjella...

Catherine (22)
DH Britton (27)
Emma Margaret (03/02/03) 37 weeks from PIH & oligo
akemt

Postby mada » Wed Oct 29, 2003 01:17 pm

Good for you for making them check the chart!!! So glad you have an appt.! Let us know how it goes...I can't believe your doc wasn't concerned enough to order tests....[}:)] I think I just posted this by accident with the face next to the wrong thing..sorry....Iam holding my 2 year old and typing[:D]

Mada Harpster

Sam 6-29-00 36weeks P.E.
Ben 11-03-01 No P.E.
mada

Return to Ask the Experienced