Post Reply FAQ Members Login

Pregnant with baby 2 and needing everythng.

Pregnant with baby 2 and needing everythng.

Postby indylady625 » Wed Sep 20, 2006 08:24 pm

indylady625

Re : Pregnant with baby 2 and needing everythng.

Postby kara » Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:59 pm

Have you looked into an Early Intervention Program? I'm just going thru th process myself, but for a much younger child. Maybe he is just not getting the specific help he needs. I would suggest you post this question in Parents of Preemie's forums. There are many who have been battleing the schools because of similar problems!
kara
Forum Moderator

Postby laraeamie » Thu Sep 21, 2006 06:10 am

Obviously he has an IEP since he is in special ed????? Have you taken him to see the peditrician about the attention issues? Usually they can give you ideas to help him focus whether it be a reward system, or diet change or even medication if you feel comfortable with that. I know in PA you are not allowed to fail a child in special ed. Different Accomadations need to be made and if you feel that they are not doing that you can reconvene your IEP team and meeting. Hope that helps.
laraeamie

Postby timelessbeauty » Thu Sep 21, 2006 07:19 am

I wish I had seen this post before my garage sale this past weekend. I still have a used crib (nothing fancy) w/out a mattress. I have a couple beginning toys and would be willing to get you a gift cert to a store near you for shopping, what do you need? Can you email me a list of "needs"?? You are 5.5 months pregnant right now, approx? How can I help you get what you need??
timelessbeauty

Postby fiona » Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:11 am

Danielle,

my son was a 30-weeker who has struggled at school. My advice is to push for an ed-psych and a peri evaluation - it can take a while. Jay was eventually diagnosed with a chromosomal disorder and specific learning disabilities. It means he has to have an Individual Education Plan that we can hold the school to. He's in Grade 3 now and doing well, but it is going to be a long haul.

Please email me if you have any questions.
fiona
Forum Moderator

Postby lucy » Fri Sep 22, 2006 03:41 am

If I lived closer I would give you some baby things, good luck.
lucy

Postby timelessbeauty » Fri Sep 22, 2006 09:43 am

OK, I emailed you that I have the blankets and the carseat cover for you. I can see about looking up a stroller eventually if you do not get one right now. You mentioned basic things, what other types of things would you need? Gift cards can be mailed from any location and I can collect them for your favorite store if anyone has the notion to send one. You are located next to 2-3 stores for great baby items, at least that I can think of.
timelessbeauty

Return to Indiana