PAD

PAD

Postby whosures » Thu Oct 20, 2005 11:44 pm

Howdy fellow Hoosiers and others who live close! I work with the March of Dimes in Indy. In 2002, I developed HELLP at 25 weeks. My daughter was delivered by emergency c-section just a few days later. She weighed 1lb, 10oz. Today, she is a beautiful, healthy 3 year old. On November 15th, we are holding a candlelight vigil and prematurity roll-call on the canal in downtown Indianapolis. We are looking for names of premature babies to read off. Each name that we read off will have a candle lit in that child's honor. We need the name, number of weeks premature, date of birth and date of death (if applicable). I would feel so honored if you could give me your children's names and I could add them to our list. Also, if you live close enough (and aren't on bedrest) PLEASE attend the candlelight vigil on the canal. You can get more information on this at www.marchofdimes.com/indiana
If you'd like to add your child's name, just respond to my message.
whosures

Re : PAD

Postby timelessbeauty » Fri Oct 21, 2005 11:39 pm

This is the Hubby of TimelessBeauty, I was notified of this candlelight vigil as I walked in from work tonight, and showed me the message of the event on Nov. 15, 2005... I agreed with her that this sounded like a very nice touch to my Birthday, that is to remember my Son, Benjamin Adam, AKA... BAM BAM, lol. Count us in.

Doc
timelessbeauty

Postby whosures » Sat Oct 22, 2005 08:51 am

I'm so glad you guys will be there. Hopefully we'll be able to find each other. I'll leave more info as I get it but from what I understand, we'll have a big screen hanging from the NCAA Hall of Fame. The singers will be on the steps right in front (leading to the canal) and the candleholders will be lining the canal. Bring your friends and family. You can actually register to be there at http://www.marchofdimes.com/indiana/6186_17313.asp
We're trying to work out details on who will be reading the names (last I heard, it was Evan Bayh) and free parking. I'll keep you updated. We're hoping it will look absolutely beautiful and be a wonderful tribute to all of our children.
whosures

Postby kristen8843 » Mon Oct 24, 2005 03:03 pm

Hello! We live in northern Indiana, and will not be able to attend this wonderful event, but would be honored if you would include our daughter in your services that evening. Her name is Taylor Morgan Threlkel, born 8/26/02 at 35 weeks due to Eclampsia, weighing in at 4 lbs. 4 oz. She's now a healthy, happy three year old. Hope to see you at the ZooBoo!! Thanks, Rob & Kristen Threlkel
kristen8843

Postby whosures » Mon Nov 14, 2005 11:07 am

Okay, I hope everyone gets this in time. The Indianapolis Prematurity Roll Call has been moved. We will conduct the Roll Call INDOORS at the Emmis Communications Building on the west side of the Circle downtown. We will begin the Roll Call at 6pm in the lobby on the First floor and if weather permits, finish the Roll Call by circling the monument. The Emmis building is where WIBC and 97.1 are aired. The best place to park is probably in the Circle Center mall. As far as I could tell, there aren’t any events downtown so it should only be $1.50 to park. I can't wait to meet you guys if you can come. I'll be there early so try to find me. My cell number is 850-7702 and I'll be reading a tribute at the very beginning. Please pray for me to have strength and not cry (too hard) during the poem.
whosures

Postby kristen8843 » Mon Nov 14, 2005 01:55 pm

Wish I could be there. I'll pray for you to have strength as you read, and as you help honor all those babies! I hope you have a great turn-out.
kristen8843

Postby kfreeman » Tue Nov 15, 2005 08:47 am

Thank you for the update. We are planning on being there.
kfreeman

Postby timelessbeauty » Tue Nov 15, 2005 06:25 pm

[:(]
Wanted to go but have two sick kids and hubby got scheduled to work.

I'm bummed.

Sue
timelessbeauty

Postby kristen8843 » Wed Nov 16, 2005 03:09 pm

Anyone have an update on this event? I'd love to hear details!
kristen8843

Postby jenandtheboys » Wed Nov 16, 2005 04:42 pm

Look in Parents of Preemies......I posted asking for the scoop and so Whosures gave a nice summary. I really wish I could have been there, it sounds wonderful!
jenandtheboys

Next

Return to Indiana