Post Reply FAQ Members Login

new to the forum

new to the forum

Postby chezrone » Mon May 08, 2006 06:13 pm

Hi all! My name is Sharon and I'm from the Quad City area. I was diagnosed with mild preeclampsia at 26 weeks. After a week in the hospital I was sent home to last as long as possible on strict bed rest. I'm maxed out on aldomet (2000 mg) and labetalol (400 mg) and things don't seem to be getting much better. Blood pressure is still higher than normal and protein keeps rising every week.

Hoping to make it to 32 weeks so I can, hopefully, have our little boy here instead of having to travel to Peoria for a NICU.

Good to know that others are out there going through the same thing, even better to know that people have made it through.

I look forward to chatting with all of you!
chezrone

Re : new to the forum

Postby timelessbeauty » Mon May 08, 2006 08:47 pm

Hello Sharon! I am glad you found our forums and hope you find us informative. My name is Sue and I am the Group Coordinator for your state at the present time. I am here to help if you have any questions and let you know what kinds of Preeclampsia Foundation meetings or events are in your area or available to you. If you would like to be on my email list for future information about the IL State Group, please email me from this forum. Please feel free to post here as often as you like and ask any questions you might have.
So glad you found us.
timelessbeauty

Return to Illinois