Slightly discouraged and scared

Slightly discouraged and scared

Postby timelessbeauty » Fri Apr 15, 2005 12:00 am

I had a routine NST today at the Peri's office. I was a little unnerved but knew sometimes with movement you cannot always find the little *'s heartbeat when you go in right off the bat. One of the ultrasound techs came and we did an ultrasound real quick to see what position he was in, sure enough, SIDEWAYS! This explains the lovely backpain I had this morning which caused me to jump in the hot shower ahead of my husband who was getting ready for work. And also why one night I found myself like a turtle upside down on her shell because I had rolled onto my back in the night and couldn't move to either side due to round ligament pain. Ugh. Anyway, it was explained to me that we can try to "version" him next appt with the ultrasound and physical manipulation but no guarantee that he will stay in the appropriate position. Thus, if by the time I go into labor, he is STILL sideways, they will have to do a c-section (shudder) with the dreaded vertical cut. I'm worried now but not totally scared out of my mind yet. I guess I did this to my mother by lying sideways up until a couple days before she was induced. She reassured me that babies seem to know what they need to do when the time comes. I hope she's right. I don't relish any more scars on my bod than necessary. And after having such a beautifully healthy pregnancy, I'd really like to not end it by having such a scary birthing experience. Trust me I will have words with this boy this weekend!

On a funny note, I talked with the nurse practioner and the doctor about ways to entice him to move. The NP said the midwifery website says to put a flashlight between my legs and shine it up (go towards the light kid!), play music there, and have my husband talk to him to move. My Peri laughed at the websites advice and said for all that, I might as well tape a Twinkie to my leg and hope the kid reaches for it and we all busted out laughing! lol Hey, I'm willing to try the whole Hostess line of desserts if this kid will comply! lol

Scared and nervous but hanging in there for now,
Sue
timelessbeauty

Re : Slightly discouraged and scared

Postby mada » Fri Apr 15, 2005 01:04 pm

That is so funny!!!!

Mada Harpster-moderator
Colorado co-coordinator
Sam 6-29-00 36weeks P.E.
Ben 11-03-01 No P.E.
mada

Postby denise » Fri Apr 15, 2005 07:59 pm

Glad to hear things are okay yet Sue. You'll have to let us know if the flashlight trick works! ;)

-------
Denise (29) Co-coordinator for WI
Jason (32)
Ariana (22 months)5/3/03-just shy of 35 weeks: Class 1 HELLP
http://hometown.aol.com/oneyodafan/DeniseHomePage.htm
denise

Postby timelessbeauty » Wed Apr 20, 2005 07:20 pm

I had an appointment today and the baby is now "HEAD DOWN!". YEAH .. I cannot tell you what a relief it was to find that out and he's face down as well which is the appropriate position to stop hurting my back so much and be born without too much difficulty!

I also found out great news that the job I had at the local department store is still there and I still receive my discount. I thought they dropped my name off the roster because I had to be gone for so long but they said they have me on maternity leave and I can extend it with a note from my doctor but I'm still on. That is fantastic as tomorrow and Friday are employee shop days where our discount goes up a notch. That works out perfectly as we prepare to purchase the items necessary to bring home a baby boy from the hospital. [:D]

Only 3 weeks left until this kid arrives unless he decides to show up earlier. Now I have heard that once a uterus goes early it has a "memory" of that time frame and will repeat the process in subsequent pregnancies? But I don't know if that works when the uterus is "forced" to react because of induction or if that's just from natural labor. Any thoughts?

Sue
timelessbeauty

Postby angelkat » Wed Apr 20, 2005 08:32 pm

I'm sooooo happy for you that he's head down... What a blessing about the discounts! Humm, maybe I need to take a drive to Indiana to see ya- I love to shop!

Hugs
~T
Moderator Grief and Loss
Mommy to
Drew(14)PE 37 wks
Ky (12)PE 34 wks
~i~ Katlyne(12/9/02-04/02/03)25 wks
Casey - 34wks Born 7/29/04
Katlyne's Tribute Site
http://forevernetwork.com/lifestories/lifestory.cfm?Archive_ID=10971&Directory=/Archives/MountHope&Sort=V
angelkat

Postby tommysmommy21004 » Wed Apr 20, 2005 10:02 pm

Glad to hear that your little one decided to turn around, Sue!![:)]

Deanna Smith-Powers (30)

Mommy to Thomas James, b.2/10/04 @ 34 weeks due to severe pre-e and HELLP syndrome
Diagnosed with prothrombin genetic mutations-12/28/04
tommysmommy21004

Return to Indiana