Ultrasound Appt

timelessbeauty

Re : Ultrasound Appt

Postby timelessbeauty » Wed Dec 15, 2004 10:21 pm

Tired, very very tired. I just got done working a 6.5 hr shift at the department store. I'm going to bed but thought I would check in. Tomorrow I will see about getting my car fixed with the loud and scraping sound that is coming from the exhaust. I will go to pick up my paycheck early and then go shopping during Employee shopping day. :-)

Well, here's to a good night's sleep.

Sue

mom2tori

Postby mom2tori » Tue Dec 14, 2004 01:14 pm

Reading your post made me smile! You have a gift touching someone with your words, I wish I did live in Indiana just so I could hug you!LOL! The longer I read the posts on here and the more I find out about all the extraordinary women who have been affected by preeclampsia the more I want others to know about this horrible condition and I pray to see a cure for preeclampsia before I die. With women like the ones here and yourself I am confident that a breakthrough is possible!

Alissa mommy to:
Dominic 9/10/97-9/11/97 @ 28 weeks
Victoria 1/8/02 @ 30 weeks

timelessbeauty

Postby timelessbeauty » Tue Dec 14, 2004 12:17 am

Thank you Alissa for your posting. I enjoy hearing from those who share the common bond of Pre-eclampsia. I was scared the first time I had it with my oldest daughter but I was frightened when I had it with my late son. I have so much respect and admiration for moms like you who endured watching your babies be hooked up to monitors and giving the good fight. When my son passed, I could only find solace in that he had not suffered via tubes, wires or needle sticks. I felt he passed in the comfort of still being held by his mother, even if in utero. I know that when the end does come for those who fight the good fight, they too get held in that wonderful embrace known as Parental love. And for those parents, what a special gift to watch life be awakened and then gracefully passed to sleep yet experiencing the miracle of that little personality in between.

I don’t think of myself as strong but more stubborn than anything else. My late husband was manic depressive and I had to be there for him but that was not without handling my own moments of weakness. I have come to realize that I cry more often when I am pregnant than when I am not. It’s a relief to get those emotions out of my system at the time, which may have been bottled up from before pregnancy. We all have known the sadness and joy of contemplating trying to conceive again, wondering what will happen this time around? We sometimes under estimate our own strength of character to be able to go through it again. Look at what we have been through? Isn’t that a testament to how strong each one of us is just to endure that?

For those of you who were reading the postings of Allie, the sweet cherub that passed this summer, I weep for her family knowing they have been strong. Even when they felt weak, they were strong for acknowledging their weakness and recognizing it’s all natural and human emotion. I think of what I have been through and don’t know myself what I would do in a situation like that. I can only admire those that have handled it and find strength in what they have accomplished.

In the back of my mind, I think about, not my journey, but the journey coming up for my daughters. Will they be able to have kids without problems? Will they be introduced to the fears of pregnancy while feeling young and invincible? My oldest daughter was born with Urinary Relux stage II which is a congenital dysfunction that can heal itself. The valves that go from the ureter tubes to the bladder don’t shut all the way leading to urine backing up the tubes to the opening of the kidney whenever she would lay down at night. She suffered two back to back urinary tract infections at 1 yr of age with temperatures that branched over 104 degrees. She was on low dose antibiotic for many years until she grew out of the condition and the valves learned to close on their own. But what damage was done to the kidneys the one time she developed a kidney infection and was hospitalized with a 105.8 fever? How will this affect her chances of surviving Pre-e if she chooses to have children when she grows up? Will she even be someone to get Pre-e? It’s not for what I have suffered and have survived that I champion the cause of Pre-eclampsia research. I champion the cause for my two “Lil Beauties” at home so that they may enjoy the miraculous world of motherhood unaffected or with better treatment to help stave off any threat to them or their children.

So for those in Indiana that are as passionate about Pre-e funding, research, and saving the lives of children yet to be born, I ask you to write to me so we can help each other figure out a way to gather funds, host events and get the word out to women everywhere about the dangers and blessings of having and surviving Pre-e! Even if you are not in Indiana but can help in anyway, I welcome your thoughts, messages, and help!

Sorry for the long winded posting but like I said, I’m passionate about this.

By the way, I can’t tell you how excited I get when I see that someone besides myself has posted here! :-)

mom2tori

Postby mom2tori » Tue Dec 14, 2004 10:36 am

Sue, I have enjoyed reading your posts! I pray that your boy grows into one strong man!! My fingers are crossed for you! I applaud your strength and courage to face another pregnancy and the chance of preeclamspia, of course I pray that all will turn out nicely for you and that your boy will grace the world and your arms screaming! LOL. I had severe preelampsia with both of my pregnancies and I lost my son after 32 long hours full of fighting, and I don't think I could go through that again but who knows, maybe someday. Again, I admire your strength and courage!

Alissa mommy to:
Dominic 9/10/97-9/11/97 @ 28 weeks
Victoria 1/8/02 @ 30 weeks

timelessbeauty

Postby timelessbeauty » Tue Dec 14, 2004 10:10 am

Thank you for the posts! I've been working the past three nights and tonight I can spend with the family. YEAH! They have put a lot of items on clearance at my store and with my discount days coming up, I can get a lot for the new baby! I've also been trying to shop for things for other members of the family. I'm getting a new nephew for Christmas. My brother and his wife are adopting a little boy who is the same age as my youngest daughter. It's so exciting. Well, I have a biter on my hands currently and my nipple and shoulder have fallen victim and I'm no longer breast feeding! Go figure! LOL .. I give a slight flick of the finger to the teeth when she doesn this to discourage the behavior. Let's hope something works.

Ironically I was tired yesterday and took two naps during the day to prepare for working last night but after only 4 hours sleep last night, I'm doing pretty good. Hmmmm. HE HE :-)

It's so funny, we can't wait for them to grow up and do this and that, and yet once they are mobile, I wish she was content to sleep in my arms like she used to do. Sigh. Well, we have playtime to attend to for now. Naptime will come in an hour or two. I may return then.

Sue

angelkat

Postby angelkat » Mon Dec 13, 2004 06:07 am

SUE,

Where was I for all of this posting!!!.... A BOY!!!! Congrats to you!... I'm so happy that you will have a little boy to hold and love (I'm sure a little girl would have been nice to but I know how special a little boy is to you)

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers!.. .

PS... I'll be waving when were flying by your neck of the woods next week....

Hugs
~T
Moderator Grief and Loss
Mommy to
Drew(14)PE 37 wks
Ky (12)PE 34 wks
~i~ Katlyne(12/9/02-04/02/03)25 wks
Casey - 34wks Born 7/29/04
Katlyne's Tribute Site
http://forevernetwork.com/lifestories/lifestory.cfm?Archive_ID=10971&Directory=/Archives/MountHope&Sort=V

timelessbeauty

Postby timelessbeauty » Mon Dec 13, 2004 05:10 am

Thank you Denise! Good Morning. You have no idea how happy I was to see someone besides myself posting to this spot.

OOoh I am so tired. I worked until 12:30am last night at the department store and until 1:00am on Saturday night. I work again tonight but don't have to go in until 8:00pm. Christmas rush season, gotta love it. I spent most of the night folding sweaters and trying to put the store back together to somewhat of what it used to look like. Futile but it's a job and helps pay the bills.

My family and I went shopping at the department store yesterday as they have a lot of good deals this week and it's also coming up on Employee shopping days. It would be silly of me not to take advantage of the higher percents off during this time and not stock up on BOY clothing. hehehe

Well, it's take care of the littest one today, send hubby off to work and kidlet #1 off to school. Take a nap during the day to recover my lost sleep and then when all get home, make dinner, take a shower and work again tonight.

So far feeling great except my feet hurt from working two nights in a row but I can handle that. The exercise is doing me good I do believe. And it's not like I am stressed out about deadlines or projects with retail. Just SELL SELL SELL BUY BUY BUY .. lol

Too all the PF crew, Have a wonderful Monday. I personally think I am allergic to Mondays but I'll deal with that, too. Hehehe

Sue

denise

Postby denise » Sun Dec 12, 2004 02:25 pm

Congrats on that little boy!!! Hope you are able to have an uneventful remainder of your pg, Sue. Love your updates!

-------
Denise (28) Co-coordinator for WI
Jason (32)
Ariana (18 months)-born 5/3/03 at 35 weeks due to HELLP
Currently TTC #2
http://hometown.aol.com/scrapperlang/Home.htm

timelessbeauty

Postby timelessbeauty » Sat Dec 11, 2004 01:38 pm

OK, so I went to pick up my paycheck from the department store today and I was asked if I would like to work tonight. Game plan change. Husband says ok seeing it's his weekend off and we've been cancelled out of some prime overtime for his job. So tonight, skip the sewing, went out to lunch at China Buffet and will proceed to dress for work. I warn you .. buffets SOUND like a great idea when you are pregnant, but unless you plan to stay for a length of time, your eyes quickly become larger than your ever shrinking stomach that someone else is using as a springboard. Oh did I stuff myself today! It was a good lunch because we all laughed while talking and eating. Well, here's to paying off a few more bills, paying down the credit card with the medical bills on it, and hoping to have some left over to have for a rainy day. :-)
Hi Ho Hi Ho It's Off To Work I Go.

Sue

timelessbeauty

Postby timelessbeauty » Sat Dec 11, 2004 07:06 am

Went to bed crying last night and woke up tired. Hmmm, imagine that. I feel pretty normal most of the time but I do have the occasional bout of hormone that surges and gives me a crying jag for a few minutes. I can tell it's hormones because the pimples around my nose are showing up again. UGH! I guess I am lucky because I do not suffer notably from any type of post partum depression after the babies are born. Granted I was sad when I lost my son but who wouldn't be. I tried not to dwell on it and go on with thoughts of someday having another, which eventually is what I did. It's Saturday and husband is home, one little one is playing with daddy's shoelaces and the other was sent upstairs to get dressed for the day but was caught playing in her room still in her pjs. Ahh yes, a typical weekend. I think Pancakes are in order for breakfast. I have housecleaning to do which is not my total priority due to hubby being home, it's family weekend time. Housecleaning can wait until some are asleep and others preoccupied with something other than family time. I need to break out my sewing machine though and make those scrubs for my husband seeing his other scrubs are starting to wear thin. Well, I will sign off here and hope to hear from some of you reading my blatherings. :-)

Have a wonderful Saturday and talk to you soon.

Sue

Return to “Indiana”