Post Reply FAQ Members Login

Ultrasound Appt

Re : Ultrasound Appt

Postby mom2tori » Tue Dec 14, 2004 10:36 am

by mom2tori (3842 Posts), Tue Dec 14, 2004 10:36 am

Sue, I have enjoyed reading your posts! I pray that your boy grows into one strong man!! My fingers are crossed for you! I applaud your strength and courage to face another pregnancy and the chance of preeclamspia, of course I pray that all will turn out nicely for you and that your boy will grace the world and your arms screaming! LOL. I had severe preelampsia with both of my pregnancies and I lost my son after 32 long hours full of fighting, and I don't think I could go through that again but who knows, maybe someday. Again, I admire your strength and courage!

Alissa mommy to:
Dominic 9/10/97-9/11/97 @ 28 weeks
Victoria 1/8/02 @ 30 weeks
mom2tori

Postby timelessbeauty » Tue Dec 14, 2004 12:17 am

by timelessbeauty (1712 Posts), Tue Dec 14, 2004 12:17 am

Thank you Alissa for your posting. I enjoy hearing from those who share the common bond of Pre-eclampsia. I was scared the first time I had it with my oldest daughter but I was frightened when I had it with my late son. I have so much respect and admiration for moms like you who endured watching your babies be hooked up to monitors and giving the good fight. When my son passed, I could only find solace in that he had not suffered via tubes, wires or needle sticks. I felt he passed in the comfort of still being held by his mother, even if in utero. I know that when the end does come for those who fight the good fight, they too get held in that wonderful embrace known as Parental love. And for those parents, what a special gift to watch life be awakened and then gracefully passed to sleep yet experiencing the miracle of that little personality in between.

I don’t think of myself as strong but more stubborn than anything else. My late husband was manic depressive and I had to be there for him but that was not without handling my own moments of weakness. I have come to realize that I cry more often when I am pregnant than when I am not. It’s a relief to get those emotions out of my system at the time, which may have been bottled up from before pregnancy. We all have known the sadness and joy of contemplating trying to conceive again, wondering what will happen this time around? We sometimes under estimate our own strength of character to be able to go through it again. Look at what we have been through? Isn’t that a testament to how strong each one of us is just to endure that?

For those of you who were reading the postings of Allie, the sweet cherub that passed this summer, I weep for her family knowing they have been strong. Even when they felt weak, they were strong for acknowledging their weakness and recognizing it’s all natural and human emotion. I think of what I have been through and don’t know myself what I would do in a situation like that. I can only admire those that have handled it and find strength in what they have accomplished.

In the back of my mind, I think about, not my journey, but the journey coming up for my daughters. Will they be able to have kids without problems? Will they be introduced to the fears of pregnancy while feeling young and invincible? My oldest daughter was born with Urinary Relux stage II which is a congenital dysfunction that can heal itself. The valves that go from the ureter tubes to the bladder don’t shut all the way leading to urine backing up the tubes to the opening of the kidney whenever she would lay down at night. She suffered two back to back urinary tract infections at 1 yr of age with temperatures that branched over 104 degrees. She was on low dose antibiotic for many years until she grew out of the condition and the valves learned to close on their own. But what damage was done to the kidneys the one time she developed a kidney infection and was hospitalized with a 105.8 fever? How will this affect her chances of surviving Pre-e if she chooses to have children when she grows up? Will she even be someone to get Pre-e? It’s not for what I have suffered and have survived that I champion the cause of Pre-eclampsia research. I champion the cause for my two “Lil Beauties” at home so that they may enjoy the miraculous world of motherhood unaffected or with better treatment to help stave off any threat to them or their children.

So for those in Indiana that are as passionate about Pre-e funding, research, and saving the lives of children yet to be born, I ask you to write to me so we can help each other figure out a way to gather funds, host events and get the word out to women everywhere about the dangers and blessings of having and surviving Pre-e! Even if you are not in Indiana but can help in anyway, I welcome your thoughts, messages, and help!

Sorry for the long winded posting but like I said, I’m passionate about this.

By the way, I can’t tell you how excited I get when I see that someone besides myself has posted here! :-)

timelessbeauty

Postby mom2tori » Tue Dec 14, 2004 01:14 pm

by mom2tori (3842 Posts), Tue Dec 14, 2004 01:14 pm

Reading your post made me smile! You have a gift touching someone with your words, I wish I did live in Indiana just so I could hug you!LOL! The longer I read the posts on here and the more I find out about all the extraordinary women who have been affected by preeclampsia the more I want others to know about this horrible condition and I pray to see a cure for preeclampsia before I die. With women like the ones here and yourself I am confident that a breakthrough is possible!

Alissa mommy to:
mom2tori

Postby timelessbeauty » Wed Dec 15, 2004 10:21 pm

by timelessbeauty (1712 Posts), Wed Dec 15, 2004 10:21 pm

Tired, very very tired. I just got done working a 6.5 hr shift at the department store. I'm going to bed but thought I would check in. Tomorrow I will see about getting my car fixed with the loud and scraping sound that is coming from the exhaust. I will go to pick up my paycheck early and then go shopping during Employee shopping day. :-)

Well, here's to a good night's sleep.

Sue
timelessbeauty

Postby timelessbeauty » Thu Dec 16, 2004 05:39 am

by timelessbeauty (1712 Posts), Thu Dec 16, 2004 05:39 am

To continue that thought from last night at around midnight, the worst thing you can do it go to work and THEN become hungry as a pregnant woman. Ohhh .. and this kid doesn't like sugar! I eat candy or anything sugary, and he rejects it. I have to have spicy or more healthy food. That's a good thing for the kid, but bad when you have a sudden craving and the only you have to depend on is a vending machine. I wanted a turkey and swiss sandwich on rye but I was restricted to the available sugar cookies. UGH!

Well, I'm off to run my poor car to the "dr" to see what is wrong with the exhaust. Hopefully it isn't something expensive. I've had this car for over 7 years and yet I still think of it as new. Weird, eh? lol ... And this is the GOOD car in the family. My husband's car is having problems with the drivers window not going all the way up so it's taped off right now with packaging tape. (Looks wonderful as you can imagine but keeps the cold air out for now) And we have to fix the brake pads from rubbing and making noise even though those are new from within the year. Sounds like one of the pads is loose and rubbing. If it's not raining some days it's pouring it feels like. But this is life and it's what we all must deal with I know. As long as it's the cars and not my children having a problem, I'm ok with that.

Well, I'm off for now. Hope to hear from you soon!

Sue
timelessbeauty

Postby mom2tori » Thu Dec 16, 2004 06:00 am

by mom2tori (3842 Posts), Thu Dec 16, 2004 06:00 am

I had to laugh reading your last post because my husband and I were just saying to each other that our car is running really well.......so what part of the car is going to brake now!?! It seems like everytime we get something fixed and it is running great something else brakes and sets us behind. Never fails, so we are waiting on pins and needles for something to happen. Hopefully nothing expensive though I am sure that is wishful thinking. Victoria has been her sassy self so she must be feeling better after being sick over the weekend. I told her she was my favorite girl in the whole world and she told me, 'I don't know what you are talking about, please stop talking to me.' So, yes, my girl is back to her usual self! I hope your car gets a clean bill of health, and your children remain problem free!

Alissa mommy to:
mom2tori

Postby timelessbeauty » Fri Dec 17, 2004 01:35 pm

by timelessbeauty (1712 Posts), Fri Dec 17, 2004 01:35 pm

OK, it cost me just under $200 for the car to be repaired. YUCK. But at least it was repairable, that is the main thing. Anything worse than that and I would have been looking at no car for months! Sigh... It's a dog eat car tire world out there. lol

So far still feeling pretty good. I'll be lucky to see my husband for more than half an hour a day the next week because we are both working so much. We work around each others' schedules to be there for the kids.

So here's to life one paycheck at a time! :-)

Sue
timelessbeauty

Postby anggriffin » Sat Dec 18, 2004 04:43 pm

by anggriffin (2 Posts), Sat Dec 18, 2004 04:43 pm

Hi Sue,

Congratulations on the boy! I'm glad everything is going well for you with this pregnancy. I have enjoyed reading your posts.

I'd be interested in a meeting in February 2005. I live in Fishers. Let me know if I can help with anything.

Angelina

Mom to daughter, Billie, 09/23/99 @ 37 weeks due to PE
anggriffin

Postby timelessbeauty » Sat Dec 18, 2004 06:17 pm

by timelessbeauty (1712 Posts), Sat Dec 18, 2004 06:17 pm

Hello Angelina! Thank you for posting to my running babble! hehehe I look forward to getting a meeting going for February, just have to clear the time, place and duration through the Executive Board and it will be posted from there. Hopefully all that wish to attend will see it and come running! hehehe I'd like to get a network of us in Indiana together to help others who are going through PE at the various hospitals or have gone through it already. Family members I believe should be welcome to get a better understanding of what their loved ones have faced and what others have faced as well. Maybe even a Dad's group as well as a mom's group? Or just a family gathering to talk? I'm just thinking out loud right now but welcome suggestions. I know some people who do not have children and have faced loss would be uncomfortable with other children around but then it might show them the hope of what treatments are available to get them to their goal. I wouldn't ask those who have to travel from out of town and who have kids to leave their children at home if they have no other way of coming to the meeting. The whole idea is we ALL love children, or we wouldn't be hurt so bad by what happens when we run into obstacles that prevent us from that happy outcome.

I would love to discuss talents. See who can do what and how we could use that to our advantage to raise funds for our Foundation. Even if it's a talent for talking everyone one of their family members into donating $1.00 to help further our cause. Trust me, for some family members out there, that would be talent! hehehe

I've never played Bunko which is a successful fundraiser for some so far. I know where I can find the game and will have to research it's potential. hehe Maybe even do a trial run at our meeting? :-)

I'll keep thinking of what else we can do. My mind stretches in many directions with possible ideas. Just have to get a solid lead on something in which we can all join together to make into a success!

I'll post more later. Have a great night and hope to see you some more print other than my own! hehe

Sue
timelessbeauty

Postby timelessbeauty » Mon Dec 20, 2004 06:20 am

by timelessbeauty (1712 Posts), Mon Dec 20, 2004 06:20 am

It's Monday and I have to work tonight. Hubby is off at work and I am at home with the two girls. Laundry is piled up to be done, I have dishes to do and I'm tired from yet another night of weird dreams. I cannot explain how weird they are and how disjointed they seem as they don't make any sense. Just enough of a twist of weird to wake me up or not make me feel comfortable in the morning when I awake. And yes, I couldn't help but eat something like a bowl of cereal before I went to bed. Baby was hungry! hehe

I keep checking my weight as I see my stomach pooching even further out but so far I'm still around the same weight of which I started. That is good news because any weird increases freak me out to PE showing up. My feet haven't been showing any signs of swelling but I do wake up in the morning where my arms, hands or a foot may be asleep. I wait a few minutes before getting out of bed to make sure I am not going to fall on my face or that I can actually pick up my youngest daughter without dropping her.

Humidifier is still running full blast in our house as I have been waking up each morning, from breathing through my mouth, and my lips are cracked from dryness. It's been helping the kidlets with their sleep though, that is good. Luckily it's big enough, we only have to fill it twice a day.

Little girl now says "pretty tree" when she sees our Christmas tree all lit up. And last night while I was surfing until I could fall asleep, I heard her softly sleep talking over the monitor and it was so cute. Yep, she's one of my kids as the oldest sleep walks as well. I now know I will have to triple gate the upstairs at night to prevent escape.

I don't know how I shall balance this life of two little ones and a slightly bigger one when the time comes this spring. I know, too late to think about all that seeing it's going to happen now regardless. lol I just think, I've been the mother of one girl for so long, having a family of three children now is such a new experience. I keep praying I do a good job to show them all how much I love them every day. The little ones will require more of my time for basic needs but I do not want to sacrifice my oldest's emotional needs as she is getting closer and closer to being a teen. I am thankful my husband is working hard so that I can be home with the kids. He and I feel strongly about this and it works for us. I cannot say all women feel comfortable being a stay at home mom but I do.

Well, I better quit babbling and get back to my matronly duties. lol No, I'm not the only one that knows how to do laundry and put dishes away. I have to say my husband is great in how much he helps out around the house as well as the emotional support he offers during these difficult pregnancies. I know I'm high risk but I try not to be high maintenance. I still try to keep a degree of independence while I'm watchful of my health and the baby's.

I just picked up my crochet for the first time in a year. I was able to work in one entire skein before bedtime last night. So I am now one third the way done with a very pretty light yellow baby afghan. Felt good to be able to work on it again, relaxing. I will get back to working on the preemie hats for the hospital soon, too. I know the preciousness of getting a hat or a blanket to take home when you cannot take home a baby.

Love to all you moms out there,
Sue
timelessbeauty

PreviousNext

Return to Indiana