Post Reply FAQ Members Login

Paranoia and the psychotic pregnant woman! lol

Paranoia and the psychotic pregnant woman! lol

Postby timelessbeauty » Wed Mar 09, 2005 06:16 am

by timelessbeauty (1712 Posts), Wed Mar 09, 2005 06:16 am

I'll admit to being a basket case the past two weeks when we first suspected my dh needed surgery for his knee. All the events that happened last time I was pregnant with a boy were happening again, just not to the same degree. I bawled my eyes out for a week and now I'm starting to taper off but then, pain.

I called my friend at the high risk ob area of the hospital and asked, what do you think about this pain I'm having. I don't want to freak out but I don't want to be stupid and ignore something. She suggested I go drink some to check for hydration and take some tylenol. Well, that worked for Monday night but Tuesday morning, OUCH! Lower back pain followed by pain in the groin and down my right inner thigh was enough to be more than annoying. I called the NP for my OB and talked to her about it. She said it didn't sound like preterm labor but more like a UTI. So I went to our family doc who also is an OB and had my urine tested. No UTI, trace protein and a few keytones showing I hadn't eaten yet that morning from being sick to my stomach. Wheeew .. I cried again in his office explaining how being a former widow, dh's surgery and having been through this before while pregnant just was getting to be too much to handle but I was still handling it without trying to lose all my marbles. He understood and recommended that I leave it up to God to handle because it would help me relax. All in all, the diagnosis for my pain was Braxton Hicks.
timelessbeauty

Re : Paranoia and the psychotic pregnant woman! lol

Postby kdreher » Wed Mar 09, 2005 06:57 am

by kdreher (2482 Posts), Wed Mar 09, 2005 06:57 am

Well I am sorry to read you are feeling crummy...but was relieved when I saw "braxton hicks". I think some women get them and don't know what to make of it. A pretty good ending to all the pain, if you ask me!!!

Hope you are feeling better.

Kris (35) & Tom (35)
Connecticut

My Angel - Tyler 3/9/95 to 3/23/95 (15 oz, 26 wks severe pe/HELLP)
Miscarriage 1/05

Hoping for a 2005 miracle!

tkstevens@sbcglobal.net
kdreher

Postby timelessbeauty » Wed Mar 09, 2005 02:25 pm

by timelessbeauty (1712 Posts), Wed Mar 09, 2005 02:25 pm

Thank you Kris. I know it's just pregnancy hormones plaguing me for now. What I can normally handle while not pregnant seems to get an exaggerated reaction while I'm pregnant. I recognize this and try my best to deal with it. My late husband died in my arms and I handled that with grace. I've been in a 95 mph car accident, no biggie, I survived. I've had 4 reconstructive jaw surgeries myself and have had bad reactions to general anesthesia myself but once again, I'm here to talk about it. I've lost a baby at 6 months gestation due to PE and have had 3 other miscarriages as well as survived labor with my two girls. I feel I have great strength on the average when I need it, just not while pregnant or not while things are mimicking what we went through right before we lost Ben. But I know I'm not the first or only woman to have a "crying jag" during pregnancy and have it last a week. I'm feeling better, surgery was successful and is over. I had my pressures up pretty high for his surgery (159/95) and then came back down to 120/77 a few hours post op. I watched at one point as my dh's pressures set off the alarm bells while he was still coming out from under anesthesia because they had risen to over 178/104 and his pulse ox was going down. Fear of being widowed again but yet remaining calm and not assuming he's stroking out right there proved ok. The nurses reset the machine to check again and I was able to talk to dh to bring him around. If he could talk to me, he was ok. My last husband died in my arms two days after two hospitals and 5 doctors told him he was not sick, it was all in his head after reading he was manic depressive. I do not hate the medical community, but I am a strong advocate when it comes to my health or my families. I ask a LOT of questions and show how much I do know already about the situations we have been through. I know I have good reason to worry but handle it by becoming educated about the situation.

Today we had OB appt, followed by youngest's 15 month shots and check up followed by dh's PT session for his knee. Oh, and oldest got out of school early so we have been on the run all day. I think I am ready for my nap! lol

Love to all the mommies!

Sue
timelessbeauty

Postby timelessbeauty » Thu Mar 10, 2005 08:16 am

by timelessbeauty (1712 Posts), Thu Mar 10, 2005 08:16 am

OK, woke up with back pain and a charlie horse in my right thigh. We are off to a good start. LOL Got grumpy up, I mean dh, and he set to task on cleaning part of the living room. It's been hard on me for the past three weeks because he's been sleeping on the couch and I've been in the bed. I did not sentence him there, he does it by electiveness due to his knee and elevating the leg with pillows and such. I miss him. I miss a lot of things right now, like room to breathe, my old clothes, my energy level, and my sanity. I've got laundry in the washer and dryer and have someone in my side thinking he can stretch me out any which way he wants to. I went in for the NST yesterday and wow, he kicked a good one at the toco monitor that actually hurt! I see we have another strong willed individual on our hands. That can be good but also a constant challenge. Just spent 15-20 minutes convincing a 16 month old that she was tired enough for a nap seeing she was rubbing her eyes and getting upset at everything. <sigh>

I need to go balance the checkbook and make sure we have enough money to buy some groceries before the weekend. DH's paycheck comes in on Friday but it won't have the overtime we were originally planning on for payments. I should join the circus, I'm getting really good at juggling! lol

I hope everyone is having a great day today.

Sue
timelessbeauty

Postby timelessbeauty » Fri Mar 11, 2005 12:36 am

by timelessbeauty (1712 Posts), Fri Mar 11, 2005 12:36 am

OK, update on today. DH had appt with orthopaedic surgeon again to have stitches removed and get new information on how his knee is doing. I am sure I held his hand more for me than for him as he said he didn't feel the stitches come out. He's gone now driving for the first time in over a week today to go pick up his TENS unit from the physical therapy office. I've heard that a TENS unit could be very nice for back labor. <smirk>

Well, all in all it's a good day and I'm still doing ok with my shots even though I have that fight or flight mechanism that kicks. I'm no where near anxious about them as I was during the last pregnancy but I still cannot help the fact that I am needle phobic and doing all that I can to deal with two shots a day.

Rented Shaun of the Dead DVD tonight, we'll see how funny that turns out to be. Just wanted to sign in and say HI for today and say everything is going ok. Still dealing with a bit of emotion but nothing like last week.

Love to the mommies!

Sue
timelessbeauty

Return to Indiana