Wooooooo, Pig!! Sooie!! (UPDATED)

Wooooooo, Pig!! Sooie!! (UPDATED)

Postby rachel a » Thu Oct 20, 2005 01:03 am

Sorry Arkies! I won't be doing a WAT this year. I know, I know. [V]I'm so very sorry. I contacted Carol a while back to let her know that things weren't going to work out so well. And low and behold, we got preggo on the first try. I'm so sorry (about the WAT)! If anyone else is interested, contact Jaime at jaime@preeclampsia.org

If I'm still up and running I'm more than willing to come walk! Just won't have the energy to organize the event this year. Sorry[:(]

PREVIOUS POST!
Okay! Now that I have everyone's attention---this is concerning the 2006 Walk-A-Thon. Last year's WAT was a success only because it actually happened! There were days that I just knew I would have to cancel; I was in over my head. Not this year! This year I am going to make this a group effort and this year we are going to knock the socks off the state of Arkansas!

So, who's going to help!??? I don't want to start calling any names, so come on down here and let me know what you can do, even if it seems minor--every little bit counts! Okay, so I did end up calling a few names[^]

I've still not decided Texarkana or Hope, but will tell you now that the best choice will be Texarkana. It is a much larger city with two major hospitals, OB/GYNs-private and clinic-(none of those in Hope) and baby stores--the works!

What can you do to help? UPDATED 10/25

• contact potential sponsors and contact me about interested sponsors(i.e. your company/workplace)

• 1. Deidre - NW Arkansas

• recruit walkers (c'mon talk to your friends, family members, co-workers--pledge to recruit at least five people and encourage those five people to each recruit five more people) Our goal is to make money, raise awareness, and have fun!! A large crowd means lots of smiling faces!!![:D]

• 1. Deidre--let me know if you're not up to this!
    2. Catherine--would you be willing to help with this one?

• contact local newspapers and inform them of the WAT--We should have a press release that I can email to you after the new year

• obtaining donated/low cost "prizes" (last year we gave away dinners from local resturants and pizzas--but I think it would be nice if we could have something(s) on hand to give away--like a Corvette [;)], but seriously...

• 1. Deidre - NW Arkansas

• Ideas for guest speaker?? To have or not to have, that is the question.

• FAIR WARNING
    I would really like all registered PF members attending the WAT to have an active part in the walk-a-thon or in the give-aways after the walk (I want to be sure the members are recognized and visible!)

Let's make the 2006 PF Walk-A-Thon a grand slam in Arkansas.

BTW, for those interested, "Wooooooo, Pig! Sooie!!" is the Hog Call for the Arkansas Razorbacks![:p]
rachel a

Re : Wooooooo, Pig!! Sooie!! (UPDATED)

Postby timelessbeauty » Thu Oct 20, 2005 01:11 am

It's also the way my father used to call me down from homework because my name is Sue!
You got my attention! lol

Sue
timelessbeauty

Postby rachel a » Thu Oct 20, 2005 09:30 am

Sue,

Too cute! [;)]
rachel a

Postby akemt » Thu Oct 20, 2005 12:39 am

Awww, I thought maybe Dylan was going to be a pig for Halloween! LOL Emma will be [;)] You got my attention too!
akemt

Postby Guest » Thu Oct 20, 2005 03:36 pm

Hey Rachel

I would love to help out in anyway possible with the WAT!

I can help with getting donations from businesses in Northwest Arkansas….Are there specific guidelines and wording the Preepclampsia foundation would like us to use when asking for donations. For example, what information we need to tell them, and when the walk-a-thon is exactly. Also, I would love to try to get my hands on some gifts to give out.

I am afraid however that I do not do any public speaking. I just can’t do it. I would make a complete idiot of myself! I’m sure you understand…..

Postby rachel a » Thu Oct 20, 2005 10:48 pm

Deidre,

I understand! I spend my day speaking to crowds (granted they are younger than me and I can tell them what to do), but I do understand!! Maybe you can be the pretty lady handing out prizes!? I'll email you once Jaime or Kris gets the information sent to the WAT coordinators.

I'm just getting a head start on my help pool! I can't wait to meet you in "real life"!!
rachel a

Postby Guest » Fri Oct 21, 2005 08:29 am

Thanks for understanding Rachel....This year I kind of want to "soak" things in and see how it's done, and help out on the sidelines if at all possible. I'm still new at this, so hopefully this will be a learning opportunity for me and I can be a BIG help during the next WAT.

I am so excited about meeting you and Dylan. We will have a blast!!

Speaking of, are there a lot of children that the WAT? I'm just wondering if I should bring Hunter?

Postby catherine » Fri Oct 21, 2005 11:11 am

Count me in Rachel, but I'm sure that this time we can find someone with more authority to speak.
catherine
Forum Moderator

Postby akemt » Fri Oct 21, 2005 12:01 am

Someone with more authority than the Captain? Man, I want to be there! [;)]
akemt

Postby rachel a » Sat Oct 22, 2005 00:21 am

Deidre,

Well, last year Catherine (the black and white photo [;)]) and I put our babes in strollers. Catherine's son did actually walk, however the poor soul probably gave out (we did do the whole 5K).

I do intend to bring Dylan to the 2006 WAT, life/health permitting. I will probably strap him in to the stroller and push him.

If I do hold the WAT in Texarkana, we will walk on a track and this way, those not up to the entire 5K aren't forced to keep marching!

I have debated daycare support. The daycare that I use has an employee that suffered severe PE with both of her pregnancies. So, (having not actually asked) I'm crossing my fingers that she would be willing to provide childcare assistance. I will wait to see what kind of crowd we expect before asking.

Catherine,
I agree with Catherine!! Okay, just had to do it! More authority than you, Captain?? Seriously, I can't even guess. Who could that be??

Maybe you want to handle the speaker for me?? Sounds like you may already have someone in mind. [:D]
rachel a

Next

Return to Arkansas