Does paternity contribute to pe?

The Preeclampsia Foundation does not necessarily endorse any research or news found in this forum, we just want to share what is out there. Please use your own discretion to evaluate any information you find here.

Re : Does paternity contribute to pe?

Postby timelessbeauty » Mon Apr 04, 2005 10:34 am

I have to laugh. I heard this theory way back when and felt well, I could blame the PE I suffered with my eldest daughter on my late husband, he was sickly anyway. Well, when I married a healthy Hospital Corpsman from the Navy, checked his pedigree and then ended up having a more severe case of PE with our son, I realized the theory was out the window. It was ME! lol I was predisposed to PE for whatever reason and seeing no underlying causes have been found, go figure what that reason may be.

As much as I am sure he would understand, I wish I could have buried my PE problem with my late husband instead of burying my son a few yrs later.

Does paternity contribute to pe?

Postby laura » Mon Apr 04, 2005 10:13 am,5936,12757582%255E2682,00.html

Note: although Dr. Dekker is very famous for advancing the "dangerous dad" theory, the peris in the US don't necessarily share his theory. Here's what our docs had to say about it:

Still, it will be very interesting to hear what the outcomes of this study are!

Webmaster/Forum Administrator
AK Area Coordinator

Alicia (severe PE) 5/98 ~ Camille (htn, oligo) 4/03

Return to “Announcements and Preeclampsia in the News”