Changed OB dr. approx. 30 weeks & Happy

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!

Changed OB dr. approx. 30 weeks & Happy

Postby alysa » Tue Dec 09, 2003 06:33 pm

Just wanted to post,

I am so glad that I changed OB doctor's. My blood pressure has reached very high marks this week and insisted on talking to a nurse at an OB's office that I wanted to switch too, although I had an appt. waiting I was direct with her and had my bp readings ready to tell her over the phone. She got me in on a cancelation today. my bp this week reached it's high around 148/103 & 156/99 - Just one week ago my last OB said I didn't have to worry about developing Pree.

Do not let a dr. ignore obvious symptoms, added worries only cause more stress and increased bp for you. Although, my bp is going up fairly high compared to my lows (about low 100's/70's) it does still drop down. My new OB was very thorough, checked my bp moniter with his, advised me to check my bp morn. & night and review it at each appt. - since mine is so far only PIH, I was happy to hear him say we have to watch out for Toxcemia.. and the long awaited to hear from a doctor.. "WE'll Watch Your BP like a Hawk" - those words alone brought my bp down most likely [:)]. He wrote notes down regarding my other med. concerns, I had these papers ready to hand him, including my bp chart, he appreciated I had ready the info he wanted to see. And I had another blood test right there in the office, and did not rush me, and had a more thorough exam.

He believe's my bp readings (so far) do not require another step, but more rest is important. I am going to try and keep a good diet and hydrated to help as well.

I hope this post helps to inspire any other's who feel they aren't getting the right treatment or if symptom's are ignored.
I couldn't be happier that I changed OB's even this far along in my pregnancy!

Alysa

Chloe (Feb 99, born 37 wks PIH)
Isaiah (Feb 04)
alysa

Re : Changed OB dr. approx. 30 weeks & Happy

Postby akemt » Tue Dec 09, 2003 06:42 pm

Alysa...YAY! Happy for you! Glad you had the guts, etc to make the switch.

Catherine (22)
DH Britton (27)
Emma Margaret (03/02/03) 37 weeks from PIH & oligo
akemt

Postby catherine » Tue Dec 09, 2003 07:25 pm

That's good news Alysa, it's so important to feel confident about getting good care. Especially when you can see that your concerns are being taken seriously. Sit down and relax now [;)].

Catherine (37)
DH, Dave (40)
Finn (6)
Lucy (2)
Chloe (7/2/03)
catherine
Forum Moderator

Postby alysa » Wed Dec 10, 2003 06:38 am

[:D] Even though I'm not feeling the best, just being well cared for helps soo much.

I'll keep posted bout how it goes more towards the due date.
God Bless,

Alysa

Chloe (Feb 99, born 37 wks PIH)
Isaiah (Feb 04)
alysa

Postby taras mom » Wed Dec 10, 2003 06:29 pm

Tthat's great, Alysa! [:)] Hang in there.

Carol (38)
DH Bill (40)
Tara Mairichi
12/7-12/9, 2002
The Mightiest Little Angel
taras mom

Return to Ask the Experienced