Hi Ed... Over here!!!

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!

Hi Ed... Over here!!!

Postby catherine » Thu Nov 27, 2003 08:40 am

Hi Ed, I hope that you found this message. I didn't mean to imply being an expert, I certainly am not, but I thought that you might need some quick support before the holiday kicks in!

It does seem like your wife is heading towards preeclampsia again unfortunately. It does seem like they are keeping a very close eye on her. However you need to be very careful. Apart from things like blood pressure and protein you guys need to be watching for things like a bad headache, visual disturbances like sparkles or stars in front of her eyes, a bad pain in her belly, nausea or vomiting. Any or all of these symptoms might be a sign that her problem is becoming more severe. She should also be doing kick counts to keep track of the baby. If anything worries you at all, bring her to the hospital.

Unfortunately some women can have PIH, preeclampsia or eclampsia more than once. The good thing is that your wife is being carefully followed. It is great that she has such a concerned husband. Is she on bed rest? If she can get close to a computer we have a bedrest forum where she could chat to other bedresting moms and folks who have been through this before, some three and four times. Let us know how she is getting along.

Catherine (37)
DH, Dave (40)
Finn (6)
Lucy (2)
Chloe (7/2/03)

Catherine (37)
DH, Dave (40)
Finn (6)
Lucy (2)
Chloe (7/2/03)
catherine
Forum Moderator