18 weeks chronic BP, don't know if I can make it

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
erin2003

Re : 18 weeks chronic BP, don't know if I can make it

Postby erin2003 » Mon Nov 17, 2003 04:25 am

Oh Matty,

I am no expert. I just wanted to send you a million ((hugs)).

I will continually keep you and your family in our thoughts and prayers.

Erin

Me 27 DH 28
^|^ Jackson Andrew Jan 21-25, 2003
Born at 27w5d due to Pre-E, HELLP
OMGoodness! It's a Girl! EDD Jan 6/04
C-section scheduled Dec 31/03
www.babiesonline.com/babies/p/polkie

matty

18 weeks chronic BP, don't know if I can make it

Postby matty » Mon Nov 17, 2003 01:14 am

Hello,

I'm new to this site, I had severe preeclamspia at 24 weeks my bp got up to 249/190 and delivered my twins at 25 4/7, my daughter was 1lb 9oz and my son was 1lb 1oz, he did'nt make it.

I'm pregnant again, seeing a maternal-fetal doctor, have chronic bp and I'm on Labetalol 800mg and Nifedipine 30mg. I don't feel well sometimes and I think it's my bp or early onset of preeclamspia. I'm also eighteen weeks now and my bp is going up to 140/90 sometimes 160/90, my baseline is 130/80. I'm starting to retain water, I'm so worried that I'm not going to make it, it just doesn't look good to me. I think it's the beginning of preeclamspia and it started so earlier this time. I'm heading to the doctors on Tuesday and I should get the results of my 24hour urine test.

I'm so scared, my son died in my arms and I affaird the same thing will happen again. I don't know what to do, I was hoping that the preeclamspia won't come until I was 28 weeks but 18 weeks is no hope at all.

Matty

Return to “Ask the Experienced”