Post Reply FAQ Members Login

Accupuncture and BP

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!

Accupuncture and BP

Postby soccerinco » Tue Nov 18, 2003 08:00 am

by soccerinco (1 Posts), Tue Nov 18, 2003 08:00 am

Hi,
My wife and I are on our 3 pregnancy. The first miscarried at 8 weeks and the second we had to deliver at 18 weeks due to severe preeclampsia.(wife is factor IV ladien pos) Well, here we are on our 3rd and its 20 weeks. She is on bedrest and is not swelling like the like she was on the 2nd. Slight protein in Urine(+1) but normal blood work. Her bp is high(150/90)and she is on procardia. Her doc is switching her to labetalol(sp) 200mg. What my question is has anyone used accupuncture to control BP? I am convinced that the BP is to blame on the 2nd and dont want it to end this pregnancy too.
soccerinco

Re : Accupuncture and BP

Postby jjbeck » Wed Nov 19, 2003 07:51 am

by jjbeck (413 Posts), Wed Nov 19, 2003 07:51 am

Hi there. I am sorry to hear about your two first pg experiences. It is aweful. I really hope this pg is better.
I have been recently diagnosed with hypertention, I am only 14 wks.
I do not have much experience with it. But if you do try accupuncture, let us know how it goes.

Prayers and luck

Jen
jjbeck

Return to Ask the Experienced