I Started Weight Watchers

So, the baby's born, what comes next? Discuss your postpartum and parenting concerns here.

I Started Weight Watchers

Postby jennie » Thu Oct 23, 2003 11:02 am

Hi all, I know we have a weight loss thread already, but I just started weight watchers yesterday and if anyone wants to start along with me I have all sorts of info and links to share. I am not going to go to "meetings", just hoping to get my support from friends. If anyone else is interested, let me know. Here is the first site I looked at
http://www.dottisweightlosszone.com
I also have a book and a points calculator. I will put up more info if there is any interest. So far so good!! I had ice cream last night!!!

jennie-28
dh-34
chris-7/96-42weeks
alex- 12/00-39 weeks PIH
kelly- 7/9/03 - 38 weeks PIH/ with mild pe at the end.
jennie

Re : I Started Weight Watchers

Postby paljane8 » Thu Oct 23, 2003 04:21 pm

Hey Jennie,

Are you doing the nursing porgram?

I would love to be in your support circle.

Nancy-35
dh-34
ds-8yrs
dd-almost 7yrs
Scott-born 05-14-99 @38 weeks-PE
Janie-born 05-12-03 @37 weeks-PIH, small for gestational age (oligo and low blood flow)
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/4/4lbs/
paljane8

Postby jennie » Fri Oct 24, 2003 07:35 am

Nancy- Yeah!! I love having diet buddies. The only difference between the reg program and nursing is you get more points for nursing.
Regular points range's are
less than 150 lbs 18-23
150-174 20-25
175-199 22-27
200-224 24-29
225-249 26-31
250-274 28-33
275-299 29-34
300-324 30-35
325-349 31-36
>350 32-37

If you are nursing, just add 10 points to the range. However, I have heard of people not losing when they used the extra 10 pts so I am going to start at the high range of mine and see how the production and the weight loss is. Just carefully watch your production and quality of the milk since that is the most important thing right now. I just have so much extra weight on now, I dont want to wait until I am done nursing to lose it, since I will probably nurse for a year. Thanks for joining in, check on that website for point values, and I have a points calculator (slide rule) if you want to know the points on something send me the calories, fiber content and fat grams and I can figure it for you.
good luck!![:D][:D]

jennie-28
dh-34
chris-7/96-42weeks
alex- 12/00-39 weeks PIH
jennie

Postby natan » Sat Oct 25, 2003 02:33 pm

I was on ww before but lost track of points after awhile. But maybe now that other people are starting at the same time it will work this time.

I need to lose 30 big ones[:(].

Thanks for the push
Deborah
natan

Postby robyn » Mon Oct 27, 2003 08:11 am

Jennie-
Congratulations on starting WW! I started 2/24/03 and have now reached my goal! I lost about 50 pounds from my non-pregnant high. I can't tell you how great it feels. I feel like I've been given a second chance. We went to a wedding over the weekend for a good friend from high school days. No one even recognized me! [8D]

The WW program is so great. It teaches you how to make good food choices while still eating like a "normal" person. I'm able to go out to eat and enjoy a meal with my family without overdoing it. I can enjoy treats like ice cream without feeling guilty.

Here's a few pieces of advice as you start out:
1. Don't be afraid to reward yourself for your success, but DON'T use food as the reward. Go buy a new shirt or necklace, get your nails done, take a bubble bath, etc.[:X]
2. Don't obsess about an off-plan day. Just put it behind you and start fresh the next day. If you notice yourself having "bad" days all the time, re-examine your committment.
3. Keep good food in the house all the time. I couldn't have done it without light bread (1pt for 2 slices) and Orville Redenbacher's Kettle Corn. MMMMmmmm.
4. Print out copies of the restuarant points lists from Dottie's site to have in the car or in your purse. Don't eat out unless you feel like you're in control of the choices you're making.
5. Make a visual chart showing your weight goals and present weight. Mark off each week when you weigh yourself so that you can SEE your progress. I still have mine hanging on the fridge for the whole world to see!

Best of luck to you as you work towards your goal. You can do it and you will be amazed at your body when you reach your goal. (I actually bought a bikini![}:)]) Feel free to email me if you want to chat about WW.

Robyn, mom to 27-weeker Oliver and FT Max
robyn

Postby paljane8 » Mon Oct 27, 2003 02:15 pm

Wow, Robyn! Good for you. That is fantastic!

Nancy-35
dh-34
ds-8yrs
dd-almost 7yrs
Janie-born 05-12-03 @37 weeks-PIH, small for gestational age (oligo and low blood flow)
paljane8

Postby bridget » Tue Oct 28, 2003 10:09 am

Hi Jennie...I did weight watchers after the birth of my son. All those weeks of bedrest took a tool and I had about 30 pounds to lose after the water weight came off. I ended up losing all 30 pounds in about 6 months while nursing. I loved the program and it helped me to reach goal (now I am pregnant with #2). I liked to plan what I was going to eat the night before. Then I made sure everything was ready in the fridge. I find myself making much healthier choices and eating better portions since doing WW. Best of luck to all!

Bridget

bridget

Postby jennie » Mon Nov 03, 2003 09:52 am

Hi everybody!!!

Well, I am doing great on WW. I have never felt more in control of my eating!! (I sound like a commercial). I have been eating at the high end of my points for my normal weight goal and still nursing well. I have already lost 7 pounds in almost 2 weeks, though they say you lose alot more the first few weeks, probably cause I am actually drinking the amount of water I should. I was good on Halloween, didnt eat one candy bar, though I could have if I wanted to. I have been eating these ice cream sandwiches that are only 2 pts each and that is taking care of my sweet tooth!! They come in all different flavors like- mint chocolate, chocolate chocolate, vanilla chocolate, peanutbutter chocolate, strawberry shortcake, and a ton of other frozen desserts.
Robyn- You are such an inspiration. I would appreciate any suggestions or ideas that helped you. I am not actually going to any meetings so if I am missing something let me know.

Well, to help me keep track of my goal I am going to fess up each week about my weigh in and goals, so here goes.

Start / Current / goal
212 204 160

I am doing my weigh in on Wednesdays, so I will update this thread each wednesday, hope you all join me!!!

Good Luck, Jennie

jennie-28
dh-34
chris-7/96-42weeks
alex- 12/00-39 weeks PIH
jennie

Postby paljane8 » Mon Nov 03, 2003 05:02 pm

Wow, Jennie way to go! (That's what ww on-line says when you log in weight loss) But, I mean it! WAY TO GO!!! Yay! That is really awesome! I think you are very brave to post your recorded weights. It is inspiring to others reading. I am also impressed how serious you are by reporting in-it shows that you are accountable. From what I have read those who have some accountability are more likely to achieve their goal. So...way to go!

Nancy-35
dh-34
ds-8yrs
dd-7yrs
paljane8

Postby robyn » Tue Nov 04, 2003 08:52 am

Congratulations Jennie! Doesn't it feel great! It sounds like you're really sticking to your plan. Way to go!

Do you go to the Weight Watchers community boards? You can register for free. They're very active boards, so they move pretty quickly. It's a great place to get meal ideas or tips on finding good food. It sounds like you've discovered Skinny Cows. MMMmmmm. [:o)] I love them! Too bad they're so expensive! I also buy a lot of fat free frozen yogurt, usually 2pts. for 1/2 cup.

I admire your courage to post your weights. I know for myself "coming clean" with my weight was a big step. Although my dh is 10 inches taller than me, I was almost as heavy as he is. (He's pretty thin). Before I started WW, I was so embarassed whenever he'd find out my weight at dr's appointments. Once I started WW, I hung a big sign on the fridge with my starting weight, current weight, and goal weight for the whole world to see. I think owning up to the number was a big accomplishment for me. For some reason, I thought I could hide my weight under big sweatshirts and baggy clothes. (It really bugged me at first when people started to notice the weight loss. It made me realize that they had noticed when I was fat, too. [V])

Keep up the awesome work you're doing. If I think of anymore tips, I'll post them. I'll be looking forward to your weekly updates!

Robyn, mom to 27-weeker Oliver and FT Max
robyn

Next

Return to After your baby is born .....