East Central FL?

East Central FL?

Postby space_coaster » Thu Sep 09, 2004 08:34 pm

I am on the east coast of Florida (the "Space Coast" as my username indicates!)...just wondering if there are any other forum members in this area or perhaps in Orlando/Daytona/Vero Beach. I'd love to hear from you.

Jocelyn - mommy to Michelle Elizabeth, 8/25-9/1/04, 24w1d, 1 lb 3 oz, severe PE/HELLP syndrome
space_coaster

Re : East Central FL?

Postby stacie » Tue Sep 28, 2004 06:04 pm

I just joined the forum and I am from the Space Coast also. I look forward to chatting with you.
stacie

Postby space_coaster » Tue Sep 28, 2004 10:05 pm

Hi Stacie! Send me an e-mail if you like :-) You can get to my address through my profile. Hope to hear from you!

Jocelyn (36)
Mommy to Michelle Elizabeth, 8/25-9/1/04, 24w1d, 1 lb 3 oz, severe PE/HELLP syndrome

Michelle's memorial page: http://www.geocities.com/jfiorello68
space_coaster

Postby carolh » Tue Sep 28, 2004 11:52 pm

Hi Space Coast Ladies -

I just had to post and let you know that I grew up in the Melbourne area! I first lived in Indian Harbour Beach, went to Satellite High School and then my parents moved to Palm Bay just as I was heading off to University of Florida. I still have relatives that live in Melbourne and we visit there at least once a year. Hope you guys faired OK in all the hurricanes!

Glad you are making a connection with each other!

Carol

Carol Hamilton, Pharm.D.
Michigan Coordinator
Director of Chapter Development
Ann Arbor
carolh

Postby space_coaster » Wed Sep 29, 2004 07:17 pm

Carol, just to answer your question -- we personally did OK through the hurricanes. Charley barely touched us. Frances made us run to Atlanta (and it was right after Michelle died...sigh) but it was kind of a welcome diversion in a way. We only had a few broken tree branches from that one. Jeanne sent us out to my parents' house in Polk City but the hurricane followed us there...I think it was a bit less frightening that far inland, though. Our house was OK except for some water that came into our dining room and got the carpet wet...not sure why, we are going to have to get it checked out.

I guess you will start visiting in winter now, just to be safe, eh? :-) Nice to "meet" you!

Jocelyn (36)
Mommy to Michelle Elizabeth, 8/25-9/1/04, 24w1d, 1 lb 3 oz, severe PE/HELLP syndrome

Michelle's memorial page: http://www.geocities.com/jfiorello68
space_coaster

Postby carolh » Wed Sep 29, 2004 10:08 pm

Jocelyn -

Glad to hear you made it through OK. I can't imagine how it all must have felt to go through that just after the tragedy of losing Michelle. Her loss is still so fresh for you and your family. I also lost our first daughter, Mary, at 24 weeks. Some days it feels like yesterday, but it has now been 6 years. I now have a 4 year old daughter and a 2 year old son (PE with both and postpartum PE after my son).

Nice to 'meet' you too. My best to you as you go through this difficult journey.

Carol

Carol Hamilton, Pharm.D.
Michigan Coordinator
Director of Chapter Development
Ann Arbor
carolh

Return to Florida