Lousiana Chapter?

Lousiana Chapter?

Postby april » Thu Jun 10, 2004 02:32 pm

I was just wondering if there was anyone hear from Lousiana.

april(24)
dh-billy(29)
dd-Natalie 3/10/04(pasted away after 1 hr.) induced labor at 23wks and 5 days due to severe PE/HELLP
april

Re : Lousiana Chapter?

Postby carolh » Thu Aug 12, 2004 06:04 pm

Hi April -

First of all, I am so sorry for the loss of your daughter, Natalie. You and your family must still be going through a difficult time since this happened so recently. I too lost our first daughter, Mary, at 24 weeks and know how tragic and emotional your journey is. It will be 6 years on August 20th but some days it feels like it was just yesterday. However, we have been truly blessed since then and we now have 2 beautiful children (Lexie - 4 ; Zachary - 2).

I apologize for the delay in my response to your post. I've been going through this new state 'chapter' section and trying to monitor the posts and make responses. I've just recently taken on the role of helping to coordinate groups who are interested in starting a 'chapter' in their state or region and wondered whether you are still interested?

In case you are interested, as coordinator you would be the key contact person and would basically organize/lead the group's activities, communicate with the members in your area, and be the liaison to myself and the national office. We currently have 15 states/regions represented.

If you are interested in doing this, I'll set up a phone call with you to get some information and to answer any questions. If we're comfortable with everything and we agree to move forward, I would send you some coordinator documents and the list of registered members in your area for you to make contact with.

Looking forward to hearing from you!
Carol

Carol Hamilton, Pharm.D.
Michigan Coordinator
Director of Chapter Development
Ann Arbor
carolh

Postby cara » Fri Sep 24, 2004 11:01 am

I am very interested in getting a chapter started in Louisiana. There are so many people here who could benefit from awareness! I live in Baton Rouge and we have Woman's Hospital here. I think that the hospital could be a great place to begin to get the word out. They have a NICU and a Maternal-Fetal Medicine Office with phenomenal staff there. Please let me know how I can help (and get help) in starting a much needed asset to Louisiana!

Cara L. Stevens
Mother of Grant, born 3/28/04 at 33 weeks
Diagnosed with PIH very early, then with Pre-e
cara

Postby carolh » Sun Sep 26, 2004 10:06 pm

Hi Cara -

I replied to your post under 'What's your Talent, job, skill' in the Charity Events, etc section.

Email me directly and we can discuss your interest in getting involved.

Thanks!
Carol

Carol Hamilton, Pharm.D.
Michigan Coordinator
Director of Chapter Development
Ann Arbor
carolh

Postby jjohnston » Tue Feb 08, 2005 02:56 am

Hello, fellow Louisiananians! I am in Shreveport and would be happy to help out in any way possible. My e-mail is jjohnsto@hotmail.com. Looking forward to hearing from you!

Jennifer (29)
dh Don (30)
dd Maria, stillborn @ 26 wks due to PE, 12/3/99
ds Seth, PE survivor, born @ 30 wks, 2/8/03

Jen
Maria-stillborn @26wks
Seth-PE survivor, born 2-8-03 at 31 wks
OUR MIRACLE FROM ABOVE
jjohnston

Postby larenda » Wed May 27, 2009 11:49 am

I am from Natchitoches, La and would love to get involved. larenda27@gmail.com