My MIA Update!

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.

My MIA Update!

Postby erin2003 » Tue Dec 09, 2003 05:09 am

Hi All,

On Nov 30 I felt uwell so I called our Mat. Hospital and went in to be assessed. My BP was unstable so I was admitted for 24 hour observation. BP stabalized and I was discharged on Monday. I went in on Tuesday Dec 2 for our regular appointment and my BP was #/100+. After awhile it went down to #/90+. Our Peri felt it better I be admitted once again. He was going out of town and he said he would feel much better knowing that I was in hospital in case I took a turn for the worse. The good news is, I had a full Pre-E work up done and so far so good! I was given the option to stay yesterday or be discharged so ofcourse I wanted to come home. Even though I have developed PIH at this point we are still going strong.

We go back next Tuesday and may discuss moving our c/s closer as I feel my body has had enough. I am having daily headaches with spots, acid reflux, and horrid nausea.

We are feeling so blessed to be as far along as we are. Back in May we never truly thought we would see 30weeks, let alone 36!

Thanks all for your support! I hope to check back in soon!

Erin
36w! 22 days til our scheduled c/s! [:)]

Me 27 DH 28
^|^ Jackson Andrew Jan 21-25, 2003
Born at 27w5d due to Pre-E, HELLP
OMGoodness! It's a Girl! EDD Jan 6/04
C-section scheduled Dec 31/03
www.babiesonline.com/babies/p/polkie
erin2003

Re : My MIA Update!

Postby mada » Tue Dec 09, 2003 06:40 am

That's wonderful Erin! 36 weeks is when I delivered sam and he is great!! So glad your panel was good....(big sigh of relief)....You are so close!! What a wonderful x-mas gift you have coming!! Let us know how it's looking[:)]

Mada Harpster

Sam 6-29-00 36weeks P.E.
Ben 11-03-01 No P.E.
mada

Postby julie f » Tue Dec 09, 2003 09:31 am

Oh Erin, 36 weeks!!!! I am so happy for you!!!

Keep resting and take care!!

Julie
Zachary James, 7/22/03-7/27/03, born at 26 weeks due to severe pe
julie f

Postby paljane8 » Tue Dec 09, 2003 09:39 am

Oh Erin, how scarey! Hang in there...I know how awful it is at the end. Please report every little thing to your doc. Things can propgress quickly. When was your last BPP? How is baby's size?

I am so excited to "meet" this little lady! The very best to you in the next few weeks...give or take [;)].

Nancy-35
dh-34
ds-8yrs
dd-7yrs
Scott-born 05-14-99 @38 weeks-PE
Janie-born 05-12-03 @37 weeks-PIH, small for gestational age (oligo and low blood flow)
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/4/4lbs/
paljane8

Postby erin2003 » Tue Dec 09, 2003 10:25 am

Thank you all for your responses!

The days have started to get a little longer. I am truly feeling as if my body's pregnancy tolerance is almost to it's limit.

Nancy: We had a BPP and Growth Profile done yesterday prior to being discharged. She scored wonderfully on her BPP and her weight was estimated at 5lbs 15oz. So she is growing right on schedule. Our Peri feels very confident in her arriving at any time.

I am hoping we make it til Tuesday without having to go in. I am still having daily headaches and horrid nausea. If I am still feeling as rotten as I am today I imagine I will be begging my Peri to move our c/s date forward.

Julie & Mada: As Always, thank you so much for your words of encouragement. I never would have believed how emotionally draining these alst few weeks would be.

Bye for now!

Erin

Me 27 DH 28
erin2003

Postby amandab » Tue Dec 09, 2003 12:34 am

Erin,

I am so excited you have made it to 36 weeks! That is such a relief!

Also I think it is great that you are still passing the pre-e tests, but please take that with a grain of salt. Remember my situation with Aidan... I passed the bloodwork and urine tests and he passed the BPP with flying colors!! And I still had an abruption less than two days later. Things can change and escalate in the blink of an eye.

With the headaches and nausea you are having, I don't blame you for wanting to move the c/s date forward. Here are things to watch for in addition to the headaches, visual disturbances, etc... diarreah (sp?), vomiting, any contractions (even BH), abdominal hardness, or any spotting. These are all signs of an abruption. If you develop any of these symptoms, head immediately to L&D and let your doctor know you are on your way there. Call an ambulance if necessary.

I don't want to scare you. I'm sure everything will turn out great! But I am determined to not let another woman be fleeced by passing these pre-e tests. It is a great indicator of how you were at that specific time, but it can't predict how you'll be in a day or even an hour.

Just trust your instincts! Take care, and keep us updated! I will be thinking of you often until I hear that your little one has arrived safely.

Amanda

Amanda
~i~ Aidan Timothy
4/14/03 29 wks
Expecting again!!!
EDD 6/13/04
amandab

Postby erin2003 » Tue Dec 09, 2003 02:16 pm

Thanks Amanda! And no, you didn't scare me, LOL! I don't scare easy these days. Thanks for the info about abruption. I am lucky to have a wonderful Peri who was our Dr last time. He reminds me daily that my health is fragile. I had a quick onset of Pre-E & HELLP last time. I passed a Pre-E workup and was hospitalized 2 days later. I have basically been told that if I start to feel uneasy about being home I can be readmitted to hospital for the remainder of the pregnancy (Our Peri is the Head of Obstetrics at our Mat. Hospital so we have some pull, LOL). However, It is a great comfort knowing that is an option.

I spend most of my days just listening to my body and waiting for it to tell me what to do. Anything to pass the days!

Talk to you soon! [:)]

Erin

Me 27 DH 28
erin2003

Postby sherry fisher » Tue Dec 09, 2003 03:16 pm

Erin, How wonderful you made it so far. How horrible I feel for you with the headaches and neasea. No fun! Your doing the right thing, by listening to your body. Thats all we have is our bodies to tell us something is not right. Good Luck and keep us posted on how you and the baby are! Here is to another week of healthy mommy and baby!!

Sherry Fisher (28)
DH: Bill (35)
Proud Mama to:
#1) Alex 1/1/94-PE
#2) Abbie 12/17/97-PIH
#3 Will 08/03/02-PP PE
#4) EDD: 4/27/04
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/b/babyfish3/
sherry fisher

Postby lillysmama » Tue Dec 09, 2003 07:25 pm

I just wanted to post that I'm tentatively scheduled for a c-section at around the same time. They are thinking December 29th right now. Of course they always say "if we decide to go that long" right after. I know at this point I'm starting to feel really yucky, although things still look good for me too. I hope things stay ok and you don't start feeling any worse. We'll have our healthy babies here soon! It's great feeling that I'm to the point where delivery isn't a big deal, the babies should be ready!

I'll be watching to see your baby born sometime soon!

Lisa
edd 1-3-04, 12-29 scheduled c-section because he's just too huge
Lilly 1-22-02 36 1/2 wks PE
lillysmama

Postby catherine » Tue Dec 09, 2003 07:28 pm

Congratulations Erin, you're more pregnant now than I've ever been [:D]! You and Lisa just sit back now and let the holidays wash over you. You guys are getting just the best presents this year.

Catherine (37)
DH, Dave (40)
Finn (6)
Lucy (2)
Chloe (7/2/03)
catherine
Forum Moderator

Next

Return to Pregnant Again?