Question that may not Belong...???

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!

Question that may not Belong...???

Postby newmommymar04 » Wed Dec 31, 2003 12:18 am

pardon me if a question like this doesnt belong totally but I have a concern.

Since my blood pressure has been high since week 22, I am wondering if there are any effects on the baby that I need to know about that would prevent me from having him Circumcised?

Is a circumcision out of the question for a baby whos mother suffered from Hypertension thru the whole pregnancy or does anyone know?

What if he is pre-mature or early?

p.s.
IVE MADE IT TO 32 WEEKS!! 8 MORE WEEKS TO GO !

Thanks in advance and sorry if I am way out of line here.

Christy
EDD 3/5/04
newmommymar04

Re : Question that may not Belong...???

Postby amyk » Wed Dec 31, 2003 12:44 am

Hmmmm....I'm definitely not the expert here, but my son was a 32 weeker, and my bp was up from the beginning of the 3rd trimester. He was circ'd while still in the NICU and did wonderfully. It was just a quick little procedure, they used the plastibell (I think that's what it was called).
I still cried though! (But I do that everytime the kiddos get a shot too, so I'm apparently just a big wuss.)

Amy

Chloe (8/6/01) 35 weeks, p/e, hellp
Tristan (9/3/03), 32 weeks, p/e and hellp AGAIN
amyk

Postby sherry fisher » Wed Dec 31, 2003 12:45 am

Christy,
Being circumsized does not have anything to do with HBP. You will be fine in wanting to do that. My son was born at 34 weeks and was still able to be circumsized with no problem! Now, if your baby, Heaven forbid has health problems, they may want to delay the circum. just a tad. That is more of a Ped. question. Hope this helps!

Sherry Fisher (28)
DH: Bill (35)
Proud Mama to:
#1) Alex 1/1/94-PE
#2) Abbie 12/17/97-PIH
#3 Will 08/03/02-PP PE
#4) EDD: 4/27/04
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/b/babyfish3/
sherry fisher

Postby sweetiesuzy » Wed Dec 31, 2003 01:27 pm

Christy,
Your question is not out of line at all. You are a loving and concerned parent and that is a wonderful thing!

I have never heard of HBP making it not possible to do the circ. The only time I have heard of it being delayed is if the babe is too early and the penis isn't big enough yet to take the skin off correctly. If you did have to wait there are numbing creams and other things they can do to really ensure it is less painful for the older baby.

I would mention your concern to your OB/provider. You could also call your pediatritian and ask them also.

Good luck and so glad to see you have made it soooo far!!!!

Blessings,
Suzanna

DS 3/25/95
DD 10/26/01 stillbirth
DS 12/30/02
AND ~ Peanut edd 8/6/04
sweetiesuzy

Postby mada » Wed Dec 31, 2003 02:11 pm

I think it should be fine as well. My son was born at 36 weeks and he was fine with it. (Amy , I cried my eyes out too[:D]). Congrats on making it to 32 weeks so far!!!

Mada Harpster

Sam 6-29-00 36weeks P.E.
Ben 11-03-01 No P.E.
mada

Return to Ask the Experienced