High Blood Pressure in First Trimester

Are you worried about your partners pregnancy? Has your partner already had preeclampsia? Do you have advice for other dads who could be going through similar experiences as yourself? Post here!

High Blood Pressure in First Trimester

Postby adam03 » Thu Dec 18, 2003 02:47 pm

My wife is 10 weeks pregnant and her BP was measured as 150/100 at the doctor's office. The doctor is definitely concerned.

What could this mean long term, short term, etc?

We are both pretty worried about it.

adam03

Re : High Blood Pressure in First Trimester

Postby momathelete » Sat Dec 20, 2003 08:22 pm

Hi Adam03,

I am not a doctor so I will only be giving you my opinion. It looks like your wife has PIH, which is pregnancy induced hypertension. It can progress to pre-e and beyond. My last pregnancy, I just went to PIH and I was able to get my pregnancy to 37 weeks. I was on complete bedrest plus bp meds, plus many vitamins (some controversy there). If your wife has bps like that, I would definately prepare for her to be on bedrest -laying on her left side. Also, I would get a referal to a perinatologist who can help monitor the pregnancy better. You do not have to be in the dark about this! Good luck and please let us know how she is progressing!!!

Michelle
mom to Cole Thomas -former 28.5 weeker (3-5-99, 3 lbs)due to HELLP and Madelaine Grace "Lainey" -former 29.5 (10-11-01, 3lbs 4oz)weeker due to Pre-E and had PIH with Elisabeth Rose (Ella) -37 weeker,born June 30th 2003 weighing 5 lbs 12 oz and beautiful.
momathelete

Return to Dads