Post Reply FAQ Members Login

Wife in Hospital with Pre e

Are you worried about your partners pregnancy? Has your partner already had preeclampsia? Do you have advice for other dads who could be going through similar experiences as yourself? Post here!

Re : Wife in Hospital with Pre e

Postby sandy » Fri Apr 30, 2004 08:02 am

Congratulations!!! Please let us know how all 3 of you are doing when you get a chance.

~Sandy/DD born via emergency C at 35 wks/1 day June '03 due to Severe PE/class III HELLP/chronic HBP/asthma
sandy

Postby crazydad » Sun May 02, 2004 07:19 am

Update on Cate and wife: Cate was moved on day 2 From the step down into the NICU. SHe was having problems breathing. They put her on Oxygen and stabalized that. She is being fed through her nose in order to not stress her out over bottle feeding. Shes under the lights to take care of jaundice but Mom finally got to hold her. What a great sight for Dad to see. Both are doing well but it is going to be hard to leave the hospital tommorow without our little girl. They say as sson as she gets the fluid out of her lungs and takes to the bottle she will be ready. I just prey it is sooner then later.
crazydad

Postby crazydad » Mon May 03, 2004 12:21 am

Cate is still in NICU. She is being weened off the oxygen slowley and is starting to bottle feed. Moms feeleing great. Her pressure is still a little high but they dont seem too concerned. They will be if it doesnt go down in 2 weeks. Cate is a feisty one for having immature lungs. She keeps ripping all the monitor wires off her belly. She is now getting a good tan under the billie lights to get rid of some Jaundice and she is really starting to respond to my wife and My voice and touch. What an amazing thing a little child is. Hoping she gets better soon so we can take her home. Very hard leaving the hospital without her but I know she just needs to get better. Thank God we got that diagnosed early so my wife could get the shots to help develop the lungs and get an extra week in the hospital. To anyone like me who knew nothing about this Preeclampsia, DO NOT underestimate any signs, tell the doctor your concerns and please listen to your body. Luckily my wifes doctor did not fool around and put her in the hospital immediatly. There were 8 different women on the floor with this monster and by the time we left there was only 1 left, all delivered early. And for the husbands what can I say support your wife and ask questions yourself. I knew nothing about this and now I can check protien in the urine blood pressure and recognize edema on my wife like it waas nothing. God bless you all and your wonderful children you have all gotten me through a tough couple of weeks I only hope it gets better from here. I will update again soon on Cates condition.
crazydad

Postby mada » Mon May 03, 2004 01:03 pm

So glad everyone is doing better!! You are going to be a fabulous daddy!! I am glad your wife is feeling better as well. Keep us posted!!

Mada Harpster

Sam 6-29-00 36weeks P.E.
Ben 11-03-01 No P.E.
mada

Postby angelkat » Mon May 03, 2004 03:00 pm

Glad things are going well for you guys... Hang in there.. Soon your little one will be coming home with you....

Hugs
~T
Moderator Grief and Loss
Mommy to
Drew(13)
Ky (11)
~i~ Katlyne(12/9/02-04/02/03) & Casey (EDD 09/10 or 09/11-Sure he will be here in Aug)
Katlyne's Tribute Site
http://forevernetwork.com/lifestories/lifestory.cfm?Archive_ID=10971&Directory=/Archives/MountHope&Sort=V
angelkat

Postby julie f » Mon May 03, 2004 10:22 pm

Fiesty is good! So glad to hear that Mom and Cate are doing well! That's wonderful that she is starting to respond to her Mommy and Daddy, I can only imagine how amazing that must be!

Julie (27)
Zachary James, 7/22/03-7/27/03, born at 26wks - severe pe

Praying for a miracle... TTC #2 is a go!

Southern California Coordinator
julie f

Postby taras mom » Tue May 04, 2004 00:44 am

Another NICU warrior! Good little Cate![:D]

Carol (38)
DH Bill (40)
Tara Mairichi
12/7-12/9, 2002
The Mightiest Little Angel
taras mom

Postby crazydad » Wed May 05, 2004 05:35 pm

Good news Cate is out of ICU and headed to a local hospital closer to home to work on her bottle and breast feeding. The hospital in Boston where she was born ran Mom and Dad about 600 dollars in parking the last 2 weeks so this will be a lot better. She is doing great. We cant see enough of her. Scary place the NICU is very sad and scary but its an amazing place and the doctors and nurses are amazing people. My hat goes off to all of them everywhere. God Bless!
crazydad

Postby mada » Wed May 05, 2004 06:13 pm

Hooray!! That's wondeful news!!!

Mada Harpster

Sam 6-29-00 36weeks P.E.
Ben 11-03-01 No P.E.
mada

Postby meljoi » Thu May 06, 2004 07:25 am

Outstanding news!!
Keep us posted.
Any idea how long she'll have to remain at the hospital?

Melissa Joi 32
DH Jeremy 43
mama to Peyton John 12/04/00 (severe pre-e @ 38wks)
2nd babe due 11/26/04
meljoi

PreviousNext

Return to Dads