New role call for TN folks

New role call for TN folks

Postby heather j » Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:44 am

It seems there are a lot of TN people around the forum now, so I wanted to start a new thread and find out who we all are. [:)]

I'm Heather and I live in Knoxville, TN. I'm a former teacher who is now a SAHM and loving it! I have a two-year-old, and we are expecting baby #2 in late March/early April. We're hoping this pregnancy continues to go smoothly after the experience we had when my son was born! Can't wait to meet all of you (some of you I know already...[;)])!
heather j
Forum Moderator

Re : New role call for TN folks

Postby timelessbeauty » Tue Oct 17, 2006 01:28 pm

I have friends near nashville, does that count?? hehehee
timelessbeauty

Postby ozierja » Tue Oct 17, 2006 03:36 pm

Hi my name is Julie and I live in Franklin (near Nashville). I work at Vanderbilt in research and I love Tennessee...it is so beautiful. I just found this forum and I love it; even though it has been 2 years (exactly) since my bout with HELLP.
Congratulations Heather on #2 and hope your "ride" is uneventful!
ozierja

Postby angelkat » Tue Oct 17, 2006 08:31 pm

Congrats to you Heather!....

I also have some old timer family there
angelkat

Postby crogers » Wed Oct 18, 2006 07:52 am

I live in TN, just north of Chattanooga and work at Lee University. oh- and my name is Cara[:D]
crogers

Postby lrreardo » Mon Oct 23, 2006 01:35 pm

My name is Rebecca and I live basically in Chattanooga...but just 0.1 mile from the Ga TN line on the GA side. I used to work in Chattanooga, but I now stay at home with both my boys and go to nursing school at night.
lrreardo

Postby sugarmag » Thu Oct 26, 2006 02:19 pm

I everyone! My name is Brooke and I live about 30 minutes West outside of Chattanooga. I just had a baby girl named Malayna exactly two months ago today. I also have twin angel girls in Heaven that I lost at 17 weeks due to them being monoamniotic (cord entanglement.)

I developed post partum preeclampsia after I had my baby. My blood pressure got high within one hour after induction. 24 hours after I gave birth I was put on the magnesium sulfate IV for 24 hours, and then later that night I was put on BP medicine. I was very scared. The labor and delivery was a piece of cake compared to thinking I was going to have a stroke and/or a seizure.

My OB tried to take me off of my BP medicine at my 7 week check-up. He lowered my dosage and within one week, my BP was very high again. So I am now back on my BP medicine twice daily until December. I am wondering if I will be diagnosed with chronic hypertension when I go back. It will be 3 1/2 months at my December visit.

I just wanted to say hello to you all and introduce myself. I am researching preeclampsia and came across this forum.

May God bless you all.
Brooke
Mom to Malayna-Born 8/24/06
~i~ Ashlyn & Kahlyn ~i~ June 30, 2005 (Monoamniotic Twin Angels)
sugarmag

Postby alexp » Thu Oct 26, 2006 02:58 pm

This doesn't count, but my mother lives in Sewanee :). My grandma lives in Monteagle - and I have lived in Knoxville, Tullahoma, and Manchester as a kid/teen.

Tennessee is such a beautiful state!
alexp

Postby heather j » Thu Oct 26, 2006 05:28 pm

Hey, Brooke. My bp didn't return to "normal" until 4 months postpartum - so there's still hope [:)]...sometimes, more often than not, it just takes a while!

Alex...you lived in TN!? I'm in Knoxville and have lived here forever...when were you here - ie what year(s)?

I knew there were LOTS of TN folks floating around out there!!! How EXCITING to find you all!
heather j
Forum Moderator

Postby alexp » Thu Oct 26, 2006 09:42 pm

It has been a while since I lived in Knoxville - in fact, you might not have been alive then Heather !:) I was there from 1975-1978 - my father was in graduate school at UT. We moved to TX when I was 3 1/2, then on to Louisiana, which is where I consider "home".

We moved back to TN in 1991 after my parents divorced - we lived with my grandmother in Monteagle, then in Tullahoma, then in Manchester. I moved back to Louisiana in 1993 - or 1994 - not sure. My mother and sibs moved to Sewanee in 1998.

My mother's whole family lives in Grundy County!
alexp

Next

Return to Tennessee