fertility friend

Are you considering having another child after preeclampsia? Trying again after preeclampsia can be an emotional challenge. You can find support with others who share your concerns here.

fertility friend

Postby steelsword328 » Sat May 29, 2004 06:13 am

Can someone give me the link to Fertility Friend. I may use it next cycle. Is there any sign up cost involved?

Renee mom to Alyssa-26wkr-1lb 4oz.-severe PE-now a happy and healthy 2 year old!
TTC#2!!!!
steelsword328

Re : fertility friend

Postby julie f » Sat May 29, 2004 07:23 am

Renee,

Here's the link: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/ I've never used it before so, that's really all the help I can provide! I do believe that it does cost money but, I'm not sure how much. I think several people here have tried it so, I'm sure someone will be here soon with more info!

Julie (27)
Zachary James, 7/22/03-7/27/03, born at 26wks - severe pe

Praying for a miracle... TTC #2 is a go!

Southern California Coordinator
julie f

Postby angelkat » Sat May 29, 2004 07:56 am

Ivillage also has a planner but it does cost about 30.00 to use (I believe)

Hugs
~T
Moderator Grief and Loss
Mommy to
Drew(13)PE 37 wks
Ky (11)PE 34 wks
~i~ Katlyne(12/9/02-04/02/03)25 wks
Casey Looking at Aug
Katlyne's Tribute Site
http://forevernetwork.com/lifestories/lifestory.cfm?Archive_ID=10971&Directory=/Archives/MountHope&Sort=V
angelkat

Postby specmom » Sat May 29, 2004 08:07 am

Hoping that neither you nor Julie will need to do anything next cycle!! Lol! [:)]

I used Fertility Friend for both of my ttc episodes. The basic charting is free indefinitely, meaning bbt, some symptoms, and ovulation detection. They provide you with "VIP membership" for a 30 day trial period for free. With VIP you have their expert panel available to you for questions, chart interpretation, and a few functions like OPK optimizer and pregnancy planner, which tell you things like the best days to use OPK and when to test. Here's a link to the VIP differences: [url]http://www.fertilityfriend.com/vip.html [/url].

That being said, while it's fun to have them tell you more info, VIP membership currently ranges from $10-$45 depending on what time frame of privileges you want. If you read the Fertility Friend handbook (a link on the left side of their homepage) or have read Toni Weschler's Taking Charge of Your Fertility (TCOYF), you really don't need to spend the extra money. (You could even make up a chart on Word if you had loads of extra time--I did before I had kids.) If you want the extra assistance beyond basic charting, also check out Toni Weschler's site [url]http://www.tcoyf.com [/url], which has a 15 day free trial software and permanent software for $40. You can try both for free and see what style you like better before spending money. There are other planners and websites, but these are the two that I am most familiar with.

Honestly, the only thing I would spend money on is Weschler's TCOYF, which is in any bookstore. There is a full color insert that would probably be helpful for your cervical mucus questions, too. Most of the basics are free on the FF website under FF Handbook.

Best of luck!! Again, I hope you don't need it. Julie, any symptoms for you yet?

Tamara
*Cole(2/15/03)-Gest.Diab/PUPPP/HELLP/severe atypical PE/Emerg.C-Sect
*#2 (due 2/5/05)-Protein S
specmom

Postby julie f » Sat May 29, 2004 09:01 am

Tamara,

I have symptoms every cycle... LOL! Every month that I have ever tried I have been convinced that I am pg... So, this cycle I'm trying to take a different approach, I'm trying to believe that I'm not pg and maybe I'll be wrong! (Yep, I realize I'm a bit nuts...[:o)]) We'll see next week!

Julie (27)
Zachary James, 7/22/03-7/27/03, born at 26wks - severe pe

Praying for a miracle... TTC #2 is a go!

Southern California Coordinator
julie f

Postby for faith » Tue Jun 01, 2004 10:15 am

Good luck Renee - I used FF after miscarriage to get pregnant with Faith and I think it is really informative. Even if you just take some of the ideas, it helps you know when you ovulate. I still use it, but not temping yet, it is so much.

Julie - Good luck, hoping for you this month!!!

Good luck!!!!

Jill
mommy to:
Tyler - 4 (36 wks, PIH)
Angel baby - 1/20/03 (11 wks)
Faith Kristine - 1/5/04-1/30/04 (30 weeks due to severe PE, passed due to NEC & Sepsis(preemie complications))
for faith

Return to Trying Again after Preeclampsia