Post Reply FAQ Members Login

New to site expecting Mom of 2 from Green Bay,Wi

New to site expecting Mom of 2 from Green Bay,Wi

Postby emrld_eyes76 » Tue May 23, 2006 06:59 am

Hello, my name is Heather. I live in Green Bay, Wi. I am 35 weeks pregnant with my third child (all girls so far). My first daughter I carried to term, she was 8lbs. 4ozs. My second daughter was born @ 32 weeks and was only 4lbs. 7ozs. The Dr.s miscalculated my due date with my 2nd, and they realized that I was starting to develope PE towards the end. I had gone into labor on my own @ 32 weeks which for 4 days they tried to stop, until I asked for a 2nd opinion and that Dr. discovered the PE and decided to give me pitocin. I was already dialated to 5 at this point therefore I believe I would have delivered even without the pitocin. It just helped to speed things along since I had already been in labor for 4 days but my ROOKIE Dr. tried to stop it with Magnesium sulfate which only slowed the progress.[xx(] MISERY!!!! I'm sure many of you are surprised that I elected to do this again, but it's true what they say...You forget the pain once you see your little baby:)My husband and I desperately want a boy but looks like we're getting another girl:) As long as she's healthy we are thrilled! Of course I was concerned about a repeat of the events from my last pregnancy, but At least I've made it farther along with this one. Like I said earlier, I am 35 weeks now, and I just started to develope extremely swollen ankles, legs, feet, and hands. My feet are so swollen that I can't bend my toes, and it's vert painful. Just today I started having extremely painful headaches accompanied by blurred vision, and dizzy spells. Does this sound like PE to any of you? My Dr. is out on her own maternity leave so I'm stuck seeing her male colleague and it's kind of uncomfortable. Does anyone know if I'm more likely to develope PE again since I had it b4? And what should I ask my Dr.? Thanks alot-Heather[:X]
emrld_eyes76

Re : New to site expecting Mom of 2 from Green Bay,Wi

Postby mom2tori » Tue May 23, 2006 09:12 am

Hello Heather and Welcome!!!! Congratulations on your pregnancy. I must tell you hearing you say that you have extremely swollen feet and ankles and headaches with blurred vision and dizziness, I will say that I am not a doc but those symptoms are alarming and should be checked. Take a look at the signs and symptoms page http://www.preeclampsia.org/symptoms.asp

These symptoms should not be ignored. Your biggest risk to getting pe again is having had it before. Here is another link about getting it again http://www.preeclampsia.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=331 How has your pregnancy been? Blood pressures been okay? Protein been okay? Those are all things that go into consideration when officially diagnosing pe. 35 weeks is a great place to be though. I hope you are able to cook that girl of yours a little longer. Take care and keep an eye on those symptoms. Keep us updated and welcome again to the forums!! You will find some amazing women and good friendship here so stick around
mom2tori

Postby teenster3 » Tue May 23, 2006 09:22 am

Hi Heather,

Wow.....3 girls huh? Quite a hand-full I bet!
I'm not an expert on PE but I did develop it in my own pregnancy.
I didn't even know what it was until the doctor mentioned it to me.
I had been put on bedrest in August & Wyatt's due date wasn't supposed to be until Oct. 7th but he decided on his own time when to come.
I had the extreme swollen, feet, legs & hands too. It was so uncomfortable & painful too.
I guess the only advice I can give you is: you should probably tell your doctor that you've had it before (unless they already know & are monitoring you for it this time around).
I'd definitely tell him of the symptoms I was having & ask what they can do about it!
I hope you feel better soon & it's great meeting you!
I live in Edgerton, WI (between Janesville & Madison).
Hope to chat with you again soon!
Tina :)
teenster3

Postby emrld_eyes76 » Tue May 23, 2006 09:48 am

Thank you for getting back to me so soon. I am very concerned so I'm not going to wait for my appt. tomorrow, I'm going to call my Dr. right away this morning and see if I can just come in for a BP check and urine test for protien. I've been reading postings on this site all night and now I'm very nervous. I don't feel like my Dr. is taking me seriously enough considering my history.I'm soooo sick of Dr.s right now, I feel like they don't listen. I know my body, and this is my third child, and I've NEVER had these severe of symptoms in the past. Thanks again ladies, I'll keep you posted.
emrld_eyes76

Postby onfaith » Tue May 23, 2006 10:23 am

Heather - just want to echo what the other ladies have already said!!! And glad to hear you are going in ASAP!!! Please let us know how you are as soon as you are able!!!
onfaith

Postby mom2tori » Tue May 23, 2006 11:45 am

Heather I am so glad you are going in!!! You are right...you know your body and what isn't right with it. Take care and update when you can
mom2tori

Postby akemt » Tue May 23, 2006 12:08 am

Personally, I'd also want to be sure they check your reflexes and anything else they might do to check for central nervous system involvement (what the headaches, vision changes, etc are warning signs of).

Best of luck!
akemt

Postby keneke68 » Tue May 23, 2006 12:46 am

Hi Heather and Welcome! I am so glad that you have decided to go in and I was going to suggest to you to go in and be checked as well. PLease let us know how you are doing.
keneke68

Return to Wisconsin