Current pregnancy after preeclampsia update

A place for those bereaved to receive and offer support

Current pregnancy after preeclampsia update

Postby shonia » Wed Mar 24, 2004 10:46 am

Hey everyone. I am now 3 months pregnant after losing Savana last Oct due to preeclampsia. I have been very nervous about this pregnancy. I went to the doctor on Monday, March 22. He did an ultrasound and at only 4 inches long my baby was sucking it's thumb! This was so exciting to me. I know you guys understand how meaningful this truly is!!!!! I made me feel better, even if just for a little while. I intend on enjoying every single moment of this time with my child because as we all know, we don't know the future and i want to squeeze this for everything it's worth! Anybody got any good news on pregnancies after stillbirth? Love you all.

Shonia Burch
Mother of Savana Lynsey
Born still 10/25/03 @ 31 weeks
shonia

Re : Current pregnancy after preeclampsia update

Postby julie f » Wed Mar 24, 2004 11:07 am

Shonia,

I'm so glad you had such a great ultrasound!!! I agree with you, enjoy EVERY moment, that's what I plan on doing as well.

There are many success stories on this board, I have no doubt you will be very encouraged!

Julie (27)
Zachary James, 7/22/03-7/27/03, born at 26wks - severe pe

Southern California Coordinator
julie f

Postby amillhouse » Wed Mar 24, 2004 01:15 pm

Shonia:
Congrats on a great ultrasound. I was just telling someone that my happiest moments were the months before Isaiah was born, especially those doctor's visit. Enjoy it! We know enough to not take for granted and treasure every moment of our children's lives, even when they are still in the womb. I know many women that have had many children after a stillbirth - and I believe that YOU will be in that number!

Please keep us updated with your pregnancy! I rejoice with you!

Anika (32, severe pre-e)
Mommy's Angel Boy: Isaiah (1/20/04 - 2/17/04)
Born at 28 weeks 1 day gestation weighing 610 grams
amillhouse

Postby for faith » Thu Mar 25, 2004 03:28 pm

Shonia - Congrats on your pregnancy!!! Enjoy every moment. Definately in a new way that wasn't before you loss.

Wish you all the best! Keep us posted on how you are doing, I love success stories!!!

Jill
mommy to:
Tyler - almost 4 (36 weeks, PIH)
Angel baby - 1/20/03 (11 weeks)
Faith Kristine - 1/5/04-1/30/04 (30 weeks due to severe preeclampsia, passed due to NEC (intestinal premie complication) & Sepsis)
for faith

Postby mookie » Sun May 02, 2004 11:27 am

quote:
Originally posted by Pelote77

Shonia,

I'm so glad you had such a great ultrasound!!! I agree with you, enjoy EVERY moment, that's what I plan on doing as well.

There are many success stories on this board, I have no doubt you will be very encouraged!

Julie (27)

mookie

Postby mookie » Sun May 02, 2004 11:33 am

hi ny name is ruby i have high blood pressure and i recently got married in march 2002 and my husband and i want another child and i,m kind of worried if i do then i will have eclampsia or preeclampsia i'm having problems getting pregnant right now iwas last year but it was a tubal pregnancy and i was very hurt then but i pray to god that it will happen some times you just can't give up hope we want a boy but if its a girl we will still be happy. iwas just hpoing that someone will share some incouragement for me to keep up the faith and hope but mostly pray about it.
mookie

Postby julie f » Sun May 02, 2004 12:25 am

Ruby,

Hi and welcome! Very true that you can't give up hope - you will find many women on this board who haven't given up hope and they have been blessed with little miracles.

You'll also find that there are many women who have gone into pregnancies with hypertension and, with close watching and proper management, they often do very well! (There is a statistic out there on how many with chronic hypertension will turn into preeclampsia but, I'm not exactly sure - someone will chime in soon.) It definitely puts you in the category of high-risk though, so you'll need to monitored by a high-risk doctor.

One thing that was very helpful for my husband and I was to meet with several high-risk OBs after my son died to see how a future pregnancy would be handled. I am confident that we have now aligned ourselves with the best medical team. That in and of itself, has given me great hope. I believe that it is all in God's hands but, that He opened the right doors to get me to these people. It has been a very difficult road and one that is surely not over yet but, we have started to try and conceive again. The women (and men now!) on these boards have been of great comfort and inspiration to me. I hope that we can also be of comfort to you and help encourage you through this time and through your next pregnancy. And, I have added you to my prayer list. Please keep us updated on how you are doing.

Julie (27)

Praying for a miracle... TTC #2 is a go!

julie f

Postby taras mom » Sun May 02, 2004 01:31 pm

Congratulations, Shonia![:D] Your little thumb-sucker gives me hope.

Carol (38)
DH Bill (40)
Tara Mairichi
12/7-12/9, 2002
The Mightiest Little Angel
taras mom

Postby angelkat » Sun May 02, 2004 01:54 pm

TTC after a loss is really hard to do. Not only from the hand point of can I handle going thru another pregnancy but from the hand point, am I ready and the what if's. It took Ben and I many many months before we BOTH were ready to start the TTC train again. It was either the timing wasn't right or we weren't in the right frame of mind. It was at Katlyne's first birthday celebration (of life party) he came up to me and said I'm ready to have another baby. Well, I was on the phone with the doctor in 10 mins flat (I didn't want him to change his mind) Since we have Infertility issues we had to start meds and them have IUI(Insemination) done. We have been blessed both times we did IUI to become preg.

We met with the high risk doctors and they were very honset with us before we got preg and at my 5 week appt (Yes, I didn't waste anytime. as soon as I had a ++ I was on the phone making an appt) Never give up hope, you need hope to get thru the days and nights....

Hang in there, Sending you Baby Dust and Vibes....

Hugs
~T

Mommy to
Drew(13)
Ky (11)
~i~ Katlyne(12/9/02-04/02/03) & Casey (EDD 09/10 or 09/11-Sure he will be here in Aug)
Katlyne's Tribute Site
http://forevernetwork.com/lifestories/lifestory.cfm?Archive_ID=10971&Directory=/Archives/MountHope&Sort=V
angelkat

Return to Grief and Loss