Saw the new hospital today

Saw the new hospital today

Postby mommyboo » Fri Sep 28, 2007 11:21 pm

Wow is all I can say.

I didn't get to see the MFM office but it's going to be on the main floor. Also on the main floor is the ante partum and NICU. The Ante partum is nice, new is always nice plus the rooms all have flat screen TV's. Woohoo The high risk delivery and operation rooms have a window that goes straight into the NICU. The NICU is incredible. It has tons of privacy. If baby ends up there I won't have to worry about some guy walking by while I'm trying to nurse. There are 48 beds separated into separate pods of 4 beds each which is separated into 12 bed units. No more walking through all the babies to see yours. REALLY nice. Of course, I'm hoping we won't be visiting it anytime soon but wow.

Upstairs is the post partum (again flat screen tv's) and the regular nursery. The ante partum rooms are made to labor and deliver in and for a regular birth (over 34 weeks) they have everything right there for the baby. They said the baby will stay with mom the whole way up to the post partum room and then the post partum rooms have special sinks made to give the baby it's first bath. So baby can stay with mom the whole time.

It was fun taking the tour. We didn't tour the rest of the hospital. We had our 3 younger kids with us and they didn't like walking around.
mommyboo

Re : Saw the new hospital today

Postby cindyh27 » Sat Sep 29, 2007 11:37 am

Sounds awesome... my mom and I are going today... I'm going to take pictures (if they'll let me) because I have a few friends who wanted to see it but are unable to make it...

Flat screens... how cool!! And the NICU sounds amazing!! I can't wait to see it!!
cindyh27

Postby mommyboo » Sun Sep 30, 2007 01:48 am

Darn.. I didn't think to take pictures. Did you get any? If you did can you post them? I want to show others what it's like and wish I had taken some pics.

What did you think? After where my kids spent their time in the NICU, usually in the very back or in an overflow room, I was impressed. Not looking forward to being there but I don't think I'll mind the flat screens. :)
mommyboo

Postby cindyh27 » Sun Sep 30, 2007 02:52 pm

Boo,

I emailed you on how to view the pictures I took at the hospital... hope you're able to view them!

The hospital is awesome! Like a little city... we were there over 2 hours and still didn't get to see everything...

Take care of you and that little baby ;)
Cindy
cindyh27

Postby mommyboo » Sun Sep 30, 2007 05:24 pm

I didn't ever get an email. Can you email it to babycakedolls @ gmail.com Thanks
mommyboo

Postby sarab » Thu Oct 04, 2007 01:35 am

Wow, you guys. The place sounds amazing! Not that you ever wish anyone to end up in the NICU or to be there yourself, but it sounds like a wonderful place if you have to be in that situation.

Cindy, would you mind sending those pictures to me, too? I've been having computer trouble all week (that's why I haven't replied to your last e-mail yet), and just got a brand new one today that is not letting me check my PF e-mail address. If you could send them to troutorama@hotmail.com that would be great. Thanks!
sarab
Site Admin

Postby cindyh27 » Wed Oct 10, 2007 04:24 pm

Hi Sara!

Sorry to hear about your computer (bummer!) I emailed you the info to the troutorama address... hope you're able to view them...

I sent a one page Order/Re-Order form for the PF Brochures to your PF email... but sound like you didn't receive it... I also sent it to Carol... she said she would have a few other people "eyeball" it and get back with me... but I haven't heard anything yet...

The Brochures are still sitting here... Can I send the form I made up to this email so you can view it???

Thanks! Cindy
cindyh27

Return to Utah