a dad to be but never happened

Are you worried about your partners pregnancy? Has your partner already had preeclampsia? Do you have advice for other dads who could be going through similar experiences as yourself? Post here!

a dad to be but never happened

Postby don_alvin » Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:06 pm

A shocking bp of 180/100 for the first time. It is our scheduled pre-natal check-up on Sept23. Her expected delivery supposedly is on October 10, 2010. As a new parent, excitement is undeniable. Very well cared, check-ups, foods and etc with all the preparations..The baby still kicked 3x, but sad to say, our first child who is a baby boy died in her mother's womb before my wife entered to the ultrasound room of the hospital. My wife did not feel something wrong...No aches, no swelling.All she knew the night before it happened, she noticed the baby is not moving routinely compared previously. My wife suffered severe pre-eclampsia with oligohydramnious abruptly last Sept. 23, 2010. After failure of inducing the baby on that day, a ceasarian operation was done on Sept 24 to get the baby. We are still in the healing process as of the moment.
In God's time, we really want to have another baby to complete our parenthood. Btw, we are both 33 years of age residing here in the Philippines. But we have fear this dilemma might happen again...Can anyone help us? When is the right time (grace period) to have a possible baby? What are the precautions? Can my wife still be pregnant again? Will it happen again?
don_alvin

Re : a dad to be but never happened

Postby sarab » Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:44 am

Alvin, I am going to encourage our Dads who have any words of solace or advice to post on your other thread, found here:

http://www.preeclampsia.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=40888

Anyone following this thread in the future can find all the replies in one tidy place.
sarab
Site Admin

Return to Dads