Post Reply FAQ Members Login

A Welcome From Your Moderators

Are you worried about your partners pregnancy? Has your partner already had preeclampsia? Do you have advice for other dads who could be going through similar experiences as yourself? Post here!

A Welcome From Your Moderators

Postby anathor21 » Tue Dec 20, 2005 11:45 am

by anathor21 (519 Posts), Tue Dec 20, 2005 11:45 am

Greetings - As you may have noticed, I recently became a co-moderator of this forum. As this is the moderator introduction thread it makes sense to tell you all a little about myself and why I'm here...

We experienced PIH with our first pregnancy (didn't know much about what that meant at the time). All came out well and we went on our merry enjoying our new daughter and not really asking much about it.

Our second daughter was born rather early due to PE - hit us very hard, early, and quickly - in a matter of one week from "bp is a little high, we need to keep an eye out on this" to emergency delivery. I still somehow managed to not discover this site though and went through the whole experience playing catch-up and wondering what was going on.

With Isaac (#3) I finally found this site (whew!) and managed to learn a few things about PE that were reliable and made as much sense as we can with this disease. We were much more active in monitoring and noticed BP rise very early - detected Protein that week and crossed over into PE diagnostic criteria sometime shortly after. It was a tough pregnancy as it was really week by week and day by day the whole time, but we made it to the end somehow with our sanity in place.

So, I imagine these experiences have prepared me well to relate to many of you - wondering, searching, and trying to figure out just how much we should worry and how best to support our family in these trying times both before and after delivery.

At the same time I recognize that we have been very lucky in all three cases - unfortunately not everyone has such happy endings. This is why I remain here as part of this community.

It is my hope that I can leverage my experiences to help those dealing with this disease and share much of the knowledge that I have gained. Perhaps through this community I will help get someone the information they need to catch things just a little earlier and avoid the tragic losses that happen too often.

I am here for you - please don't hesitate to contact me either through this forum or, if you prefer, privately through the forums "send member message" functionality.
anathor21

Re : A Welcome From Your Moderators

Postby ileana » Mon Mar 27, 2006 05:05 pm

by ileana (1010 Posts), Mon Mar 27, 2006 05:05 pm

These links are the introductions for the other Moderators that have worked on Dads. They also have a great insight into dealing with this disease from the partner's perspective:

Father
http://www.preeclampsia.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5895

Gordon
http://www.preeclampsia.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15743
ileana

Return to Dads