So, where next?!

Re : So, where next?!

Postby cassie05 » Sun Sep 18, 2005 11:27 pm

Well come on down and join us, the more the merrier :)
cassie05

Postby lorelei » Sun Sep 18, 2005 11:51 pm

Yeah Deanna! Come down and we can all get together! That would be awesome! I am going to try to go to the national meeting next year. This year it fell on Dalton's b-day so I hope it won't next year. I think it would be so neat for as many of us that can to meet. It really makes you feel more connected I think once you see each other. I mean, Cassie and I have been emailing for a few months and have seen pics of each other but it's just different once you see each other in person. It's really neat. I am so glad the 4 of us got to meet.
lorelei

Postby cassie05 » Sun Sep 18, 2005 11:57 pm

I so cant wait for next years conference. Im going unless Im barefoot and pregnant LOL
cassie05

Postby tommysmommy21004 » Mon Sep 19, 2005 00:40 am

Yeah, I'll have to do that!! I'd love to go to that zoo you were at. It looked really nice from the pics I saw.
tommysmommy21004

Postby lorelei » Tue Sep 20, 2005 01:33 pm

I just took the time to check out that edventure website and it looks awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I vote for it!!!!
lorelei

Postby missgamecock » Tue Sep 20, 2005 01:48 pm

How about Charleston? Lots of things to do around the battery and plenty of GREAT places to eat. Love Market street (shopping and browsing) and there is a restaraunt there called A.W. Shucks. OMG the best seafood! Or you can eat out on the water at Shem Creek or go to California Dreaming. Oh my, I so have to get home and get some GOOD southern food and iced tea. New Yorkers use that fake tea stuff. ICK. You guys are making me miss home. There's also a California Dreaming by USC in Columbia. There are a lot of nice little restaraunts off of Devine Street or you can go to the Vista area. Plenty to do in Columbia. Just depends on what you want to do.
missgamecock

Postby missgamecock » Tue Sep 20, 2005 01:56 pm

Forgot to say about the beaches and I have been to them all, lol. I personally like Isle of Palms. Grew up on the beach there. My Grandparents had a house on 29th Avenue. Anyway, when I was growing up, the beach there was pretty rural. However, I went there last summer and it has completely changed Front Beach is all built up (Well that's what it used to be called, now they have named it Beach Town). Beach is nice there and there are little shops and restaraunts around there. Think there is a Holdiay Inn there now too. Folly Beach is nice, but has areas where it can be rocky. I just read that the Corps of Engineers has been doing a beach renourishment project there and has dumped tons of sand on the beach to make it wider. Myrtle Beach is nice, but crowded. Lots of shops, restaraunts, and hotels, etc. Garden City and Surf City beaches are quieter but close to Myrtle Beach. I actually prefer to stay in Garden City more than Myrtle because of it being quieter. Pawley's Island (Island living at its best!) this is how Isle of Palms used tobe, no big hotels, just a couple of family owned ones. Huntington Island was nice. We went to the state park there as a kid. You used to be able to tour the lighthouse. Can't remember what was around there. Think we packed a picnic lunch. Kiawah Island and Hilton Head - EXPENSIVE, that's where the rich people go.
missgamecock

Previous

Return to South Carolina