Need info for Premmie on Vent

Are you part of the NICU club? Do you have a child who is still struggling with the effects of being born too soon from preeclampsia? Share your concerns and stories here among parents who have been there.

Re : Need info for Premmie on Vent

Postby worriedhubby20 » Wed Jul 21, 2004 07:49 pm

Hello everyone! I just had to come here and let everyone know that Parker is still doing GREAT! Every now and then he will try me, but he has been an exceptionally good baby so far. My wife was bitten by a spider and will have to have outpatient surgery to remove the spot where the fiddleback bit her. Talk about bad luck![:D] I'm still extremely busy. I will be moving to 1st shift on Monday to start my new position. It will put the burden on my wife now to make the trips early in the mornings to get Parker to his grandmother's, but she doesn't seem to concerned at this point. Thanks for all of the prayers and compassion during these times. I'm not really looking forward to leaving like I used to, but it is something that I have to do. Maybe the time will go quickly, and I can return and it will be as though I had never left. More updates soon. Parker's next dr.'s visit is on the 8th. I know he is already over 8 lbs. I look forward to posting soon.

Rob, father of Parker, 30 weeks, 1 lb. 14 oz.
worriedhubby20

Postby angelkat » Wed Jul 21, 2004 08:03 pm

Rob,

As a military wife, I know the stress on a wife when it comes to deployments... If you wife needs anything please feel free to give her my e-mail addy....

Hugs
~T
Moderator Grief and Loss
Mommy to
Drew(13)PE 37 wks
Ky (11)PE 34 wks
~i~ Katlyne(12/9/02-04/02/03)25 wks
Casey Looking at Aug
Katlyne's Tribute Site
http://forevernetwork.com/lifestories/lifestory.cfm?Archive_ID=10971&Directory=/Archives/MountHope&Sort=V
angelkat

Postby celticepona » Sun Jul 25, 2004 05:58 pm

So glad to hear Parker is gaining weight so well!!!From this point on he will pack on the pounds...beleive me!!!! Emmy has more than doubled her weight in three months...she was 5 15 and weighs about 14 pounds now!!!!! Whoooooo! Anyway, hang in there...we are here for you guys, and please tell your wife not to be a stranger after you leave...we want updates on y'all and little Parker!!!!

DD Emily born 4-01-04 at 37 weeks due to severe PE/Eclampsia. Currently postpartum.
preeclampsic/hyperreflexic. On medication.

http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/e/emilyfionaspage/
celticepona

Postby worriedhubby20 » Sat Jul 31, 2004 10:07 pm

Hello everyone!! Things are changing faster than I can get Parker's diaper changed. I'm now on 1st shift and after my 1st week, things are quite different with our daily routine. My wife now has to take Parker EARLY in the morning's to his Grandma's house. I pick him up in the afternoon. She also has to take the night time feedings, as I have to get up at 3:30 a.m. to get ready for work. I would have prefered to stay on nights, but this is what she wanted and I know that in a few years I will want to be spending time with Parker, baseball, football, and all the other good things. I have updated his photo gallery with some new pics and might put some more on tomorrow. I hope that all is well with everyone. My wife told me to find out how Julie is doing with her pregnancy. If anyone knows, please tell me. We hope that she is doing great. We are so thankful to have found this site and all of you wonderful caring people. More to come soon!!!!

worriedhubby20

Postby jenn » Sun Aug 01, 2004 09:33 am

Aww, sounds like he's doing great!
Can you believe how fast 4 months can fly by?
Can't wait to see his latest photos.
Send him my love.

Jennie (24)
Shad DH (29)

Jaidyn 1.24.01 (30 wkr)
Severe PE/HELLP
2lb. 12oz.

Heavenly Angel:
Blaze
(miscarriage)

Natalia Rosse
Due Thanksgiving day!

http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/j/jaid/

Natalia's web page
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/n/nataliarosse/

warning big pg belly photo :o)
jenn
Forum Moderator

Postby julie f » Sun Aug 01, 2004 12:11 am

Rob,

So glad to hear you guys are doing well! I can't wait to hear about Parker's appt on the 8th, I can't believe how fast time has gone by! My husband also works a night shift and, something I know he'll hate to give up but, we've already had the talk about switching as well. It'll be a shocker to our daily routine as well, he hasn't been on days since the months before we were married!

My pregnancy is going well! Besides the recent bouts of abdominal pain, everything is perfect! Just praying that it stays that way until February...! Thanks for asking!

Julie (27)
Zachary James, 7/22/03-7/27/03, born at 26wks - severe pe

Miracle in progress... #2 is due February 2005!!!

Southern California Coordinator
julie f

Postby worriedhubby20 » Wed Aug 18, 2004 09:13 pm

H

worriedhubby20

Postby worriedhubby20 » Wed Aug 18, 2004 09:31 pm

I don't know what went on with my computer on the last post, but I'll try again.

HELLO EVERYONE!!!! My posts are getting further and further apart, but I want everyone to know that we are still thinking about ya'll. Parker's last doctor's visit was way beyond expectations. He is now over 10 lbs., eating cereal, took all 3 shots plus a heel stick without shedding a tear. He is sleeping through the night, I would prefer that he wake up and get at least one good bottle at 11 or 2, but the wife really likes it. His growth chart looks like a ladder going straight up to a window. His doctor said that by his next visit, in Oct., he will be on the normal childs growth chart!!!![:D] He's a very happy baby, loves to watch Braves games with his dad, enjoys his baths, and won't stop smiling when his mom feeds him cereal. His eyes are still a gorgeous blue and what little hair he has is very blonde. I've added some newer pic's to his photo gallery on his web page.

We are so happy that things are looking good for Julie!!![:D] I know that things are going to be fine because the little one is due in the greatest month there is. I can only think of one other sign that would make things perfect, Feb. 20. You take care of yourself and the little one!!! Thanks to Amy and Emm for checking out Parker's page and signing his guestbook. Thanks to all that have!!!! It gives me goose bumps when people ask me who all of you are. I will try to do better with my postings. It has been really rough with the shift transistion, military duty, and keeping the place up. I went to Atlanta this weekend and loaded up hurricane relief supplies for the victims in Florida. I was up for 30+ hours and got blistered to boot. I leave for San Antonio on the 29th, have a 2 week TDY the end of Oct. then go to Kuwait/Quatar/or Iraq in Dec. or Jan. I wish everyone the best. I know that without all of the prayers that were said for Parker, things could be very different right now. More news to come.

worriedhubby20

Postby jenn » Thu Aug 19, 2004 06:57 am

10 lbs?!
I had to read it twice!
Awesome guys!!!
That growth chart is worth a thousand words.

Now ya' just have to watch out for a what a lil' rascal he'll become ;o)

Well high five- ten up high!

Send him all my love.

Jennie (25)
Shad (29)
Jaidyn (3) @30 wks
Severe PE/HELLP
2lb. 12oz.
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/j/jaid/

Natalia Rosse
Due: 11.25.04
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/n/nataliarosse/

http://www.ofoto.com/PhotoView.jsp?collid=182798555105&photoid=588409555105&Ucollid=182798555105&Uphotoid=114209555105&refreshkey=1092871853409
jenn
Forum Moderator

Postby worriedhubby20 » Fri Aug 27, 2004 10:47 am

I have put some new pic's of Parker on his web page. He is still doing really great, but his appetite seems to have fallen off a little bit. We think he is starting to teeth, he's licking on his gums and drooling a lot. I will be going to San Antonio Sunday and I'm already missing my boy. I know he's in great hands with his granny and mom, but I will miss our everyday routine. I hope that everyone out there is doing ok, i.e. Julie. Our prayers are with everyone that is going through what we have already experienced.

worriedhubby20

PreviousNext

Return to Parents of Preemies